About

Hey~ Being will be available for purchase online this October 31, 2023~
In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this introduction into the Being Universe and stay along for the entire ride.

Welcome to the Void

-kedi

~~~~~~~

Being a human is not for the faint of heart.

Living or trying to survive in this world where other humans don't make it easy, is even more unbearable. But we manage to get up the next day somehow. Go to work, feed our children, survive accidents, survive ourselves, in order to get up the next day and do it all over again.

Of course, we all don't make it. We're not supposed to make it. And in that lies our strength. There's no question that the human spirit is hard to kill, which is why when we leave here, we're positioned above the celestial. The angels were born with silver spoons in their mouths, we're the ones down here that are bleeding, and stealing, and screwing just to get through the front door.

It's hell down here.

After all we've done and all we've seen, how could we possibly still be? Again, our spirit. Our souls. The thing within us that explains who and why we are. The thing that will outlast the physical and transcend into the unknown. The only thing that distinguishes us amongst one another. The thing that resists lies and embraces truth. The ONLY thing that matters.

But what happens when it's no longer ours? We've shunned who we are and who we were supposed to be. We've regressed one time too many after we said we wouldn't do that thing or that person anymore. We've betrayed ourselves and our families and our friends. We've committed a suicide that has not allowed us to escape the horrendous mess we've made.

And all without our own knowledge...

This is a story about humans subconsciously selling their souls to the "devil" and becoming Voids, or Blackhearts, the tainted disgraced aftermath of that exchange. Centered on Caiden, a unique teenage Void, struggling in this panic-stricken era of finding out why she was born the way she was. And going with her on this journey is her family, her special Blackheart  guardians, and her archangel as they all question their own morals in a world that is drowning in evil.

In the vein of AMERICAN GODS and SUPERNATURAL, written with a slight young adult hand, this is BEING.

~~~

SOULS

THE WATERS

CAIDEN

IELA (ee-el-lah)

IELA
(ee-el-lah)

IELA (ee-el-lah)