Chapter 1

"Y/N?"

Your breath hitches and you flinch a little, turning around to the voice quickly.

You smile sheepishly as you notice the prosecutor you were going to be working with, Jason.

Jason, or shall we say Lee Jae-Sung. The man you hear most ladies chitter chatter about along the way into the office every morning when doing your internship. Your ears were filled to the brim of the swoons and the romantic fantasies they weave in their heads.

Oh so handsome!! The sexy Prosecutor who got all his studies from Harvard University How charming!! I'm so jealous I want to work with him he's such a gentleman!!-

"Fucking snob"

You mutter quietly under your breath to yourself.

"What was that?" Jason asks, looking up from his file. He raises his brow at you, pushing his glasses up that were sat on the bridge of his nose.

"Hm? Oh nothing sir. I was just.. Talking to myself I'm pretty tired this morning I didn't get enough sleep that's why hehe" You ramble up an excuse with a tight smile, mentally cursing yourself for the close call. You wince, exclaiming in surprise as you feel a knock to your forehead.

"Get a grip. You won't die. You don't get any beauty sleep in this field so quit complaining and focus. I want the police reports and search warrants I asked for at my desk in five. I'm going to be showing you how we talk to clients so you better watch, and learn. No funny business penny brain" Jason taunts, constantly tapping your forehead with the file as you bite back a hiss.

"W-where?" You ask nervously.

Jason scoffs. "Where do you think? S
Gwangju. Know where that is?" He adds cockily.

"Y-Yes Sir" You grit out, both hands clenching the edge of the desk behind you as you screw your eyes shut.

"Good to know" Jason hums, eyeing you discreetly as he turns on his heel; not forgetting to push up his second pair of eyes. "God do I hate newbies" He grumbles under his breath just as you open your eyes.

"Who said they like you?!" You snicker back once he was out of sight, huffing and turning around to the desk.

"I can't wait to become a prosecutor. I swear to god I am going to get him back for every little thing and if, just if- I have subordinates I'm gonna treat them well. Like human beings and not some sort of trash on the street. For fucks sake" You rant as you begin to collect your things up into your purse.

You pick your ID card up, about to shove it in before you stop. You stare at it intently, grazing your thumb over your profile as your mind races with your dazed thoughts again.

There were days you wanted to quit. The constant rushing about, piles of paper in your arms looking like a headless penguin. The all nighters you spent drafting things up, using all your energy in learning how to conduct legal research and evaluate police reports, looking through agendas of various victims and witnesses.

Then came the days where the reel in your head begins to play again, your dream of becoming the finest prosecutor out there. Your only drive that kept you going. Your only.

You purse your lips, inhaling sharply as you clutch your ID card and hook your purse onto your shoulder.

"Let's get this shit show rolling" You tell yourself, grunting as you pick up the hefty load of your best friend the pile of folders and papers.

"That's your client? An inmate?" You ask as you follow after Jason. You frown in confusion, looking around and scrunching your face up with a glare as you are ignored.

You stare around, holding the file close to your chest as you walk through the lengthy corridors trying your best to block out the ruckus that the prisoners were making. You bite your lip, flinching back a little as you watch a body thud against the railings and quicken your steps to inside.

"Just listen and watch how things are done. Take notes since I won't be doing this again" Jason orders as he pushes the door open, walking over and sitting down on his seat with a leg crossed over the other.

You nod slowly at the straight forwardness, deciding not to question it further. Neither at the strangeness of Jason having an inmate as a client or the eerie vibes the atmosphere and prison were giving off. You sigh, taking a deep breath handing over the file before scooting your chair to the corner and opening your laptop.

Minutes pass and you and Jason had fallen into silence amongst yourselves, the sounds of your finger tips hitting keys and the flipping of pages the only sounds in the room, till suddenly came a cry of pain.

There were more cries of pain, yells and barks of insults so loud that you and Jason look at each other, your brows furrowed and his lips in a frown.

"Go see what's going on" Jason says and you blink in shock, missing the sly smirk he had.

"M-me?" You gawk at him, finger pointing at your chest. You smile, a humourless laugh leaving you as you wait to see if the man in front of you was joking like you hoped he was.

"No, the lady in pink behind you" He retorts with a sarcastic smile making your shoulders sag.

You bow your head and abide, moving your laptop away and get up. You brush down your trousers, pushing back the nervousness you had from Jason pushing you directly into the line of fire with absolutely no care of your safety; oh how you hate him.

You peer your head out the door, grimacing as you see a body being pushed out of a cell from a distance.

"This is bullshit where are the guards" You cry out to yourself, biting your lips breath hitching as you see the man get up again, ready to launch a punch. "Jason's gonna get me killed that devil." You whine, quickly bolting to the scene.

"E-excuse me I don't know what's going on but can we please not hit- ah noo no" You shake your head, holding the inmate back groaning at his strength that was way more than yours.

"Bloody hell I'm a pacifist I don't condemn violence-" You ramble and gasp as you feel a firm hand on your wrist, pulling you in.

You let out a shriek as you feel your back hit the railings and an arm lodge against your neck in an instant, chest heaving with panic you gulp eyes screwed shut tightly.

You open them hesitantly, swallowing down any sound that threatened to come up your throat as you're met with sharp eyes staring right at you.

You pout, unconsciously tilting your head. The eyes were dark and empty, they were still and didn't even move an inch under the scruffy bangs his face covered in a mix of fresh and old cuts yet carrying a blank expression.

Your eyes travel down to the inmate tag on his chest.

1468

A/n: I will also be updating FH soon butttt time for some Hobi up in this bitch hehe. Hope you enjoy!!

Love

J

XOXO