Welcome to Çukur

It's an unusually hot February day. Sun is high up in the sky and you can even hear birds singing. Kulkan Erdenet and Nedim are sitting in the front yard discussing business. This alliance was unexpected even for Kulkan, but now he got to see all the advantages of working with Nedim.
Kulkan looks at his watch and prepares to stand up.
„Where are you going?", asked Nedim. Kulkan stoped for a second. „We're not done yet."
„You forgot to say something?", asked Kulkan and sat back in his chair, more comfortably.
„There is someone you have to meet", Nedim proceeded and gesticulated to his guards. They nodded and walked away. Kulkan looked at him in confusion.
„Your client decided to show up, huh?", he said with a smirk. Sound of high heels coming was becoming louder and louder until a female figure appeared in front of them. She was wearing high black boots and black knee long coat. Under the coat, you could see a white shirt with a tiny bow around the collar. Girl looked very stylish, Parisian, as you might say. She nodded to Nedim and reached out her hand to Kulkan. Kulkan squeezed her hand, not very hard as not to hurt her but strong enough to show her his strenght.
„You must be Kulkan Erdenet. I'm Melek", she said.
„From head to toe", he smiled and stand up.
„Melek came here from France", said Nedim and gestured both of them to sit down. They sat down and briefly looked at each other. „From now on, she'll work with us."
Kulkan laughed, „Sorry, I didn't understand. Work with us?"
„Yes. Work with you", she said strictly.
„Melek came back to Istanbul to get her revenge. Koçovali's killed her cousin", explained Nedim. Kulkan looked at Melek, expecting more explanation.
„They didn't just kill my cousin. They killed all the male members of my family."
„No shit!", Kulkan pretended to be shocked. „My condolences, they like to do that."
Melek didn't find him amusing at all. She's heard about Kulkan and as far as she's concerned, he's a psychothic brat who can't be taken seriously. She wanted to do it all alone, but Nedim insisted on this alliance. She still couldn't figure out why would they need Kulkan on their team.
„I'd like to start right away", said Melek. „I'll go to Çukur tonight and start with our plan."
Kulkan interupted her. „And what is exactly our plan?"
Nedim nodded to her, and she started to explain.
„My goal is to get into their family. They have to trust me or our plan won't work. You'll help me get into Çukur."
„Easy. You just have to look like a tramp."
Melek continued, „My main goal is to get close to Karaca Koçovali."
„Why Karaca?", asked Kulkan, as he was expecting to hear Yamaç's or Cumali's name.
„She killed my cousin. Azer Kurtuluş."
Kulkan blowed a whistle, highly surprised. „Look at Koçovali's... Dangerous men and even more dangerous women."
Melek looked at Nedim as if she was asking for his approval to leave. He nodded and ordered Kulkan to with her. If Melek manages to get into Çukur and get close to Koçovali's, not only she'll get her revenge, but also help Nedim and Kulkan defeat Koçovali's.

As they were approaching Çukur neighborhood, Melek felt uneasy

As they were approaching Çukur neighborhood, Melek felt uneasy. She lived in Adana before she left for France to study. As much as she wanted to adapt to an European way of life and leave everything behind, she couldn't. As soon as she heard about death of her cousins, she was ready to come back. Nedim saw an opportunity and got in touch with her before she could even leave her apartment. The plan seemed flawless- her job was to become friends with Koçovali's and Nedim will take care of rest. Now that Kulkan is included, she was afraid something would go wrong- she didn't trust him at all.
Ever since she was a child, Azer was her favorite cousin. He treated her like his sister and protected her from everything. She felt so safe and loved, and now she feels so empty. Sometimes she wish she never left, maybe everything would be different.
„Earth to Melek", Kulkan waved his hands in front of her eyes. Melek looked at him narrowing her brows. „We're here."
„Okay, don't come with me. We'll meet up once a week just like Nedim wanted. At this place, at midnight."
„Considering we're both alive."
„What is wrong with you?"
Kulkan smiled. „My head is messed up a bit."
„More like A LOT."
„Are you flirting with me?"
Melek rolled her eyes not saying a word. She stepped into Çukur ready for the first step of the plan. She put hood on her head in order to blend in. People on the streets didn't pay attention to her, meaning she reached her goal. This neighborhood was definitely something else. She's never been in a place like this before. Suddenly, she bumped into something, causing her to almost lose her balance.
„I'm sorry, are you okay?", asked the male voice.
She nodded and looked up at him. They locked eyes with each other for couple of seconds.
„I haven't seen you in Çukur before", he smiled.
„You probably haven't noticed me", she said, hoping he'll just drop it.
„Anyway, I'm Celasun".
She stayed quiet for a few seconds. Then she smiled back, „Melek."
Celasun's look became distant and kinda sad. It wasn't the reaction Melek expected to see and now she was wondering if she did something wrong. She was debating whether to leave or ask him about it.
„Are you okay?", she asked anyway.
„Yeah. Yeah, I just remembered something", he smiled at her.
„Wanna know a secret?"
Celasun nodded.
„I'm not from here. I was running away from my abusive ex and suddenly found myself here. Is it okay if I stay here for a while?"
She made such a sad face, manipulating Celasun into believing her. Either way, it was definitely smarter to admit she's not from here than to pretend she was born and raised in Çukur.
„Stay for as long as you want. I'll talk to brother Yamaç to find you some place to stay at. You'll be fine don't worry."
„I don't know how to thank you."
„Don't even mention it."
It was easier than she thought. She relied on hospitality of Çukur people and came out as a winner. The only thing left to do was to make sure she stays at Koçovali's house.