Chapter 1 - The Closet

Hinata was crying and panicking in the locked janitor's closet. Again. He felt like the walls were becoming smaller and like there was little to no oxygen inside of the room. He heard footsteps coming closer to the locked door and muffled his sobs with his hands. He learned from last time, yesterday, when he cried out from help he would get a worse punishment.

The bullying started a month ago when he moved to his new elementary school. He was being bullied for being at the top of his class and for being girlish because of his crow and volleyball keychain plushie on his school bag.

The door to the janitor's closet started to jiggle before someone slowly opened it with a long and loud creak. Hinata flinched before curling into himself when light started to flood into the room revealing a silhouette. The person's dark red eyes seemed to glow within the dark room.

Hinata tried to make himself smaller as the figure quickly walked into the room, his bowl cut on display with his movements. The taller looking kid slowly approached the boy before sitting down next to the panicking ginger. The redhead could tell the ginger was having a panic attack from the way his breaths were coming short and quickly as if he had just run a marathon.

"Can I touch you?" He asked before the ginger snapped his neck at the redhead and gave him a look of confusion. "You're having a panic attack," he quickly explained afterwards.

Hinata couldn't seem to find his voice so he nodded his head slowly. Hinata has had a few panic attacks before and they always felt better when someone was hugging him. The doctor had told him he has bad anxiety and was afraid of small dark places. He had used a really big word that he didn't understand at the time.

The redhead reached over to Hinata before carefully picking him up and putting him in his lap. Hinata was facing his chest while his hands clenched at his shirt and legs wrapped around his waist. Tendous head was on top of Hinata;s, his arms wrapped around his chest and to his back, and his legs were crossed so Hinata sat in between yet slightly on top of his legs.

He felt the ginger start to calm down so he knew it was working. The redheads mom is a doctor and it's where he learned of mental illness. During that time however he learned of many mental illnesses and ways to help them. With many of them he learned to talk and distract to slowly help focus them before bringing what triggered them and slowly work from there.

Tendou started to hum a song he had stuck in his head all day while he looked around the room, he noticed a bag with a keychain of a volleyball and a bird? Maybe a crow or a raven? "Do you like volleyball?" Tendou asked the boy when he felt a nod into his chest.

"I play volleyball! I'm a middle blocker and doing a secret type of block called guess blocking," Tendou started, "Most people don't like my blocking and I even have had coaches yell at me for it. Guess blocking isn't well known or commonly used. I rely on my instincts and use that to block instead of reading what the setter is doing."

Tendou felt the gingers breathing steady and matching his own now, "What's your favorite position?"

"S....spike," Hinata mumbled out.

"Oh spiking~ if you want I can help you with blocking and spiking. Would you like that?" Tendou once again felt a nod into his chest.

"You good now or do you need more time?" Tendou asked, he checked the time and noticed it had been 30 or so minutes of him talking about volleyball to the ginger. He felt the ginger slump and relaxy in his hold throughout his talking to the point he was calmed down.

"Stay..."

"I was going to stay till you got home and even longer if I was allowed. You could even come to my house if you need to. I'll stay for as long as you need and want, and if you want you may never get rid of me."

"Sleepy... " The ginger yawned out.

"I need you to do two things before you sleep okay," after getting a tired nod Tendou continued, "What's your name and where's your address so I can bring you home."

"..Hinata...Hinata Shoyo...."

"Okay, I'm Tendou Satori and I'm going to grab your bag and carry you home okay. You can sleep now."

"Mkay," Hinata said before falling asleep in the redheads hold. His grip on Tendou's shirt never loosened.

Tendou grabbed the sleeping boys stuff before putting it on his back. He looked in the bag and found an address along with a phone number, Tendou put the address on his phone to only realize the little boy lives 20 minutes away from the school by walking.

"Ahh ha!"

Tendou called the number before a woman picked up the phone.

'Hello?'

"Hello is this Hinata~San?"

'Yes...May I ask who you are?'

"I am Tendou~ Your son had some sort of panic att-"

'WHAT!-' Tendou noticed how she didn't ask if her son was okay.

"I found him locked in a small closet."

'He has claustrophobia'

"I understand. Would you be able to pick him up?"

'I'm pregnant,' she said a bit too fast for Tendou's liking, 'would you be willing to care for him?'

"If you allow it I can bring him to my house. It's only a two minute walk from the school."

'Thank You!' she said before immediately hanging up on him. He once again noticed the lack of concern he had for her son.

Tendou zipped up Hinata's school bag before putting it on his back again. He stood up while holding Hinata like a koala. He began the short walk to his house. His mom was never home and his dad was in jail for being the influences of drugs and harassment along with assault. His parents had gotten divorced shortly before he was arrested.

His mom was always out for her work, she really did care for Satori, she really did but with how famous she was in her industry she was always having to travel. She really did try to make it up to him however his mom was one of the best doctors in Japan.

Tendou once outside the school started to notice just how unusually small this ginger boy was. Now that Tendou was able to get a good look he noticed the bruises littering his soft pale skin, the dirt and grim on his clothes, what looked to be dried blood, and his small, skiny form. Abuse signs? He would need to talk to his mom about checking to see if he's not just overthinking this.