Chapter 2 - A New Beginning

Tendou brought the unconscious ginger boy into his western-styled two-story, three-bed, and two-bathhouse. Tendou laid to boy down on one of their couches before he went into the kitchen to heat some miso soup his mom made late last night. He also grabbed two glasses of water for the two to drink.

Hinata started to stir when his nose picked up the heavenly smell of homemade cooking, 'When was the last time I had food?' Hinata thought, not realizing he whispered it yet the cameras in the house picked it up.

Hinata almost started to cry from the smell of food before he opened his eyes and looked around, taking in his unfamiliar surroundings. He was supposed to be in the scary closet! He almost started to panic before Tendou walked in, "Hinata~Kun! You might not remember at the moment but I found you having a panic attack in the Janitor's Closet" Tendou sang, his eyes staring at Hinata like a predator stalking its prey.

Hinata was then hit with a flashback of what happened in the closet, from Tendou opening the door to Tendou sitting next to him, Tendou hugging him, Tendou talking about volleyball with him, and guess blocking.

"Th- thank you Tendou~Senpai!"

"Just call me Satori."

"Then call me Shoyo or Sho~Chan, Satori~Chan!"

"Okay Sho~Chan," Satori sang out while he handed Shoyo a glass of water and a bowl of Miso Soup.

"This soup is really good Satori~Chan! You're so cool!" That was new to Satori, he was so used to being called Monster...not cool.

"Huh everyone calls me Monster, not cool?"

"It's what's on the inside that matters, silly~!"

"Why am I cool then?" Satori asked, not ready for the answer he was going to receive.

"Well everyone at school doesn't really like me and locks me in scary small places or pushes me while mom calls me names like m-m-mistake and disappointment.... but you helped me so you're cool!" After hearing that Satori had never been happier their house had cameras.

"Do you like your parents?" Satori asked.

He watched Sho~Chan freeze before staring at his soup. "I never met my dad, he was someone from mom's work. She's a dancer with a pole. She doesn't wear many clothes like the other moms and she always has different guys over that make loud noises from her room. I have to love her though...right? She's my mom. I have to love her." His voice sounded broken and close to tears.

"What if she wasn't your mom?"

"I would avoid her like she was sick. She's like a mean old cat lady... No, wait the villain on TV like in Sleeping Beauty and Tangled!"

"Has your mom ever hit you?" Satori asked, finally getting the guts to do it.

"Mom said to never tell any adults but she never said I couldn't tell any kids.... She did once however it was because I got an 89 on a test and not a 90 or above like she expects." Tendou was mad, who could hurt this innocent sunshine child.

Satori looked over and noticed Sho~Chan's almost empty bowl of soup, "Would you like more Miso Soup Sho~Chan?"

"Oh..um... N-no, thank you! It was yummy and this was enough for a whole week according to mom!" Shoyo said a fake grin plastered onto his face.

"Do... Do you get to eat every day?" Satori asked, his voice laced with worry.

"Are you supposed to?" Hinata's innocence was something that should be protected but would also end up killing either himself or others.

"Yes! Three times a day!"

"O-oh I didn't know that," Shoyo said looking down at his hands.

"Are you still hungry?"