Imprisoned

3rd POV

The galrans sat at the table, all eyes on Thyx, who was sweating bullets. He put on a fake smile and looked to the prince, who was smiling. His eyes said anger, but every other part of his body language portrayed a cool head.

"S...Say that again, Prince Lotor..." Thyx said, unable to stop fixating on the Galran Altean prince of the Galra Empire.

"I said, don't you have something to tell me." He reiterated. It was obvious that he was enjoying how nervous he was growing.

"Uh...I don't know what you want me to say, your highness...I was not informed of anything that you aren't aware of." Thyx lied. His paranoia led him to one conclusion. Keith. But, he was certain that no one he has trusted the information with would dare leak it. After all, just look what he did to the fearless former red paladin. So, he decided to play dumb.

"Tsk tsk tsk. Thyx, you truly are a fool," he said as he stood up from his place at the long table. Aknok gulped and his anxiousness grew. "I believe I told all of my underlings to report to me if they had managed to hurt Voltron in anyway. Do you know what that means, Thyx?"

"I...if I were to guess it means if anyone were to...kill or injure a paladin..." He replied, avoiding eye contact.

Lotor walked over to him and put a hand on his shoulder, making him jolt. "Yes, that's correct, but that's not all. That also includes if you, or anyone really, managed to capture a paladin. Do you see what I'm saying, Thyx?" He asked.

He knows he knows he knows, Aknok thought. He was beginning to panic.

"W-w-well, I'm not sure what this has to do with me..." He said, refusing to admit it.

Lotor suddenly grabbed his shoulder a lot harder. So hard it would definitely bruise. "I know that you have the former red paladin in your clutches, you damned traitor." He finally said.

The rest of the galrans around the table gasped and began to mutter amongst themselves. Axca, Lotor's right hand woman, told them all to quiet down while Lotor continued to berate Thyx.

"He...he is not a paladin, I only have a mere human!" He argued.

Lotor grabbed at his collar, forcing him out of his seat, and turned him to look at him. Thyx's legs were shaking. He wasn't scared for what Lotor had in mind for him, he was just worried his favorite toy would be taken away. That's all he was concerned about.

"He was NOT ONLY the red paladin, but he is the leader of Voltron and half Galran! The black lion will obey him! And, he has ties to not only Voltron but the blade as well! He is arguably the most important of the paladins! How dare you not hand him over to me!" Lotor angrily yelled. In a rage, he turned around, still holding onto Aknok's shirt, and threw him at the metal wall behind them. He stayed on the ground for a while, so Lotor took that time to compose himself.

He looked to the sentries guarding the door. "Take this scumbag to the dirtiest cell you can find. We'll try him for treason and obstruction of Galra duties. As for me, my team is headed to find Keith Kogane."

Back at the castle ONE YEAR after Keith's capture

No one was fine.

It's been a year and no one has gotten closer to finding Keith. It'd been getting harder and harder for them to remember him. Some of them even thought that he was dead. That's what Pidge thought. But, Lance couldn't.

He took it upon himself to lead Voltron.

Keith's capture made him stronger and he became the black Lion's paladin. Allura took blue, but they never managed to find someone to pilot red. Red rejected everyone who was a potential candidate..

But they did find Shiro 2 months ago.

It was on a mission in a Galra base. They found Shiro sleeping in a pod like structure. They rescued him, but he's been asleep in the pod ever since. Coran had been trying to figure out ways to wake him up, but nothing worked. He says that Shiro's soul is gone and will need time to find it's way back, but no one really had any idea what that means.

One day, as Lance was training with Hunk in hand to hand combat, Pidge suddenly ran into the room, laptop in hand.

They both looked at her.

"Pidge? What's wrong?" Lance asked.

"I think I found Keith!" She yelled.

Lance couldn't process her words fast enough. He never thought he'd hear the words "found" and "Keith" in the same sentence again. So, she continued.

"U-Uh, so I, uh, I finally managed to break into the Galra's main database, after months of trying. Let me just..." She started tapping away at her key board like her life depended on it. Hunk and Lance were on either side of her, watching what she was doing. They didn't understand anything for a few minutes, until a picture of Lotor suddenly appeared.

"What...?" Hunk asked, recognizing him.

"So, I searched up the words human in the Galra language I've been studying. I found a new piece of information that's been shared in some kind of Galra news media...uh, it's in Galran so I'll need a little while to translate it, I only know a little. But, I know that it says something about humans, someone named Thyx, and...well, I'll tell you what it says in a minute..." She said. She pulled up a second screen that had a translator.

After a couple minutes, she put it all into the software and got the full translation. They all leaned in to read it.

2 movements ago, Thyx, general of a lower rank Galra fleet, was imprisoned by Prince Lotor. He is being tried for treason and obstruction of Galra duties, most likely to be facing death. His crimes include capturing the human former red and black paladin of voltron, without informing his higher-ups. It is unknown what the state of the human is, but Prince Lotor is currently headed to {insert coordinates here} in order to retrieve the paladin, who is hopefully still alive. If not, Thyx will experience a fate worse than death.

They all read it in silence, taking in the information.

"So...he might still be alive..." Lance whispered. Pidge quickly got out of the database, so that no one would know she had hacked into it. She knew the coordinates by heart.

"It says that he left to get Keith a day ago, but that doesn't mean he's already there. Let's hurry to these coordinates, and if he isn't there, we go to Lotor's main ship. Luckily I have those coordinates, too..." Pidge closed her laptop and started eagerly running to the door. Hunk and Lance quickly followed behind her.

"Okay, so are we going there, now?" Hunk asked.

"Yeah. It'll take about a Varga or two." Pidge explained.

"Alright, team. Let's get Keith back." Lance commanded.

Pidge and Hunk shared a smile. "Yes sir, team leader."