New Years eve party

Y/N pov

As me and gabriella were sitting on the couch reading our books our mom comes u to us and takes them away. As soon as she did that me and gabriella started to protest to get our books back gabriella said "uh momm" I finished her sentence "no no we need our books." Our mom just sighed and asked us to join the party downstairs we agreed but asked if we could get our books back then.

~Time skip~

(^that's what I imagined her wearing but if you don't like it you can think it's something else)

After I finished getting dressed I went to the party with gabriella books in hand. We sat down at a little couch thing opened our books and just blocked everything else out. As I was two chapters away from finishing my book I felt gabriella lightly shake me at this I look up I see a spotlight on me. As people were getting me up and pushing me toward the little stage they had set up gabriella made sure to grab my book. I was trying to get away from them when I got slightly pushed on stage with this boy that had brown medium shaggy hair that's just barely at his bottom of neck, blue eyes, he seemed pretty cool from what I saw. I looked towards gabriella and she just gave me a thumbs up and mouthed good luck. The announcer guy or host I don't know what he is just put his arms around us and said "You'll thank me for this later... or not." After he said that some song started playing I recognized it but that doesn't mean I wanted to sing it or sing in general.

(You can play the video and skip the lyrics or you can just skip the video and skim over the lyrics or just skip over both which ever of them that you want)

Troy: Living in my own world Didn't understand That anything can happen When you take a chance Y/N: I never believed in What I couldn't see

I never opened my heart Troy: (Oh)Y/N: To all the possibilitiesBoth: I know Y/N: that something has changed
Both: Never felt this way Y/N: and right here tonight
Both: This could be the start of something new
Y/N: It feels so right Both: to be here with you (oh)
And now looking in your eyes
Y/N: I feel in my heart Troy: (feel in my heart)
Both: The start of something new
Troy: Now who'd have ever thought that
We'd both be here tonight
Y/N: And the world looks so much brighter
Troy: brighter, brighterY/N: With you by my side
Both: I know that something has changed
Never felt this way
Y/N: I know it for real
Both: This could be the start of something new
Y/N: It feels so right Both: to be here with you (oh)
And now looking in your eyes
Y/N: I feel in my heart
Both: The start of something new
Troy: I never knew that it could happen till it happened to me
Both: I didn't know it before
Y/N: But now it's easy to see
Both: It's the start of something new
It feels so right to be here with you
And now looking in your eyes I feel in my heart
That it's the start of something new
It feels so right to be here with you
Both: And now looking in your eyes I feel in my heart
Y/N: The start of something new Troy: (The start of something new)
Both: The start of something new

After we finished the song everyone started clapping and cheering I got of stage and hugged gabriella. She suggested that we should probably get outside to see the fireworks so we did when we got outside I saw the guy I just sang with. He recognized me and asked for my number I said sure and gave it to him as we were doing that the countdown started we each took a picture of each other and saw as the fireworks went off we said happy new year gabriella came and said we should probably find our mom so I told him and left before he could respond. We found our mom said happy new year and then we went to our new home. We each went into our own rooms my room had a balcony on it. I got into my pajamas did my routine after that I went under my covers and fell asleep.