Prologue 1: Midoriya's Strings

Midoriya's P.O.V.
I am Izuku Midoriya. My quirk, One for All which was passed down to me by All Might. My school, U.A.. I'm completely normal in this world; Is what I want to say. Not everyone in this superhuman society has a quirk, but everyone was born with a string around their wrist. We call this the String of Destiny. It leads you to your soulmate. When your string extends and attaches to someone elses string and it turns purple, that person is your fated soulmate and you will have a happy ending. If the string turns black, you will have a bad ending. To indicate whether your soulmate is a boy or a girl, it comes in two different colors. If your string is blue then your soulmate is a girl. If your string is red, your soulmate is a boy. There is no rule saying that two males or two females can't be together. Actually, that is happening a lot more now.

The thing with Strings of Destiny is, only you can see your string no matter what. If you happen to find your soulmate but your string turns black, the string will loosen its grip around you and you can have the opportunity to cut off your string. Your other half won't even know because know one can see your string. This also won't affect you in any way. You can actually start over and a new string will appear on your wrist. If you still end up with your soulmate while your string is black, if you love each other enough, your string can change into a purple one. There is also a such thing as a purple rejected string. If you find your soulmate and your string is purple but they reject you, you string will turn grey and slowly disappear day by day. You will start to feel depressed and sad all the time. A new string will not appear on your wrist. It can take major physical and mental damage on your body and brain. It can be fixed, but it's very rare that it happens.

My problem is that I have two strings instead of one. And both of them are red. I also know who they belong to. My best friend, and my rival. Shoto Todoroki and Katsuki Bakugou. I've known this for a while, but I would never tell them. Todoroki told me he only has one string and that it was blue. And Kacchan said, "I don't give a damn about the whole fated soulmates crap!" So I'm pure out of luck.

As soon as I met Kacchan when we were kids, the string on my right hand attached to his and it turned black. I always thought that maybe it was black because he was my bully. But over the years, he stopped bullying me kind of. He just declared that no matter what, he will defeat me. I was almost tempted to cut off my black string and start over, but Todoroki walked in on me and saw a pair of scissors next to my wrist. He thought I was about to commit suicide and I started laughing. I would never commit suicide, I am happy with my life. I explained to him that my string turned black and he asked me who was my soulmate. I didn't want to tell him. He just smiled and told me, "I believe someone like you could turn a black string into a purple one in an instant. You just have to try."

That's was when the string on my left wrist connected to Todoroki's and it turned purple. I started blushing a bit and when I looked up at Todoroki he was looking down at his right wrist. His cheeks turned a shade of pink and then he looked back up at me, smiled, and then walked away. Right that second, I thought that I had found him. My soulmate. But that was two months ago.

Now he's dating Vice President of our class, Momo Yaoyorozu. He told me that his string was always blue and that it turned purple when it connected to her. At that moment, all of my hope was lost. My string on my left hand went from purple to grey. It still hasn't disintegrated yet. But little by little the string gets shorter and shorter. So either way it goes, I have a bad ending. One string black, the other is a purple rejection string.

It doesn't matter! I won't focus on it and I'll just become the number one hero! That's what I want to say. But the affects of a purple rejection string is just too strong. When I'm by myself, I let all of my emotions out. I have light bags under my eyes even though I sleep perfectly fine. I noticed that when I was brushing my hair, some of my hair strands were grey. But I fight through it. I still study and train at my hardest. I'm honestly really good at hiding what I'm feeling around people.

Today wasn't any different from any other day. Todoroki is sitting next to Momo flirting, Uraraka and Iida are radiating their love for each other all over the classroom, Bakugou is yelling in my ear declaring war, and almost everyone else is talking about their hero training.

"HEY NERD! ARE YOU LISTENING?" Bakugou yelled.

"Yes Kacchan, I am," I replied in an annoyed tone.

"Good! I want to fight you to the death. Outside. Today!" he said.

"I'm not going to fight you Kacchan."

"Well why the hell not?" he asked.

"You are my friend, Kacchan. I won't fight-"

"Wait! Whoever said that I was your friend?" he said.

I stood up and looked up at him while crossing my arms.

"Oh don't act like that Kacchan. You know we are, you just have a freakin' ego problem that doesn't allow you to think otherwise," I said.

He grunted and then walked away. I took a deep breath and sat back down in my chair. I smiled to myself. He gets mad so easily, but he just doesn't give up. I looked at my hand wrist with a black string on it. At this point, I'm really tempted to cut it off and start over. I can't cut of a grey string. But somehow I was born with two strings. So maybe this was bound to happen. Maybe I'm supposed to cut my black string off and find a new soulmate. Then maybe this grey string will disappear. Hopefully.

_________________________________________Author's Note:

So this is my second book and I'm really excited about it! My idea is completely original and if it resembles someone else's, I'm sorry but I was not trying to copy. I thought of this idea on my own time and just wanted to make a new book about it.

Hope you enjoy!!

Let me know in the comments if you have any questions.

Two updates every Friday

-Love Jayla