02:04 - COMFORT

"would you like to dance, baby?"

--

Tulip was twelve, her birthday had just passed the week before and Vince had given her a lovely dagger in celebration – she loved it and replaced her flimsy old one with this beautiful new one. She loved Vince and considered him a second father but never a replacement as she still loved her father more than anything, she had a framed photo of her family, all of it including her mother and brother, by her bed and she looked at it every night before she slept.

One night, in a dark corner of the compound, a traitor whispered into his radio that the Right Arm was raising an immune at this compound and she had not been moved on to another location like the others as the leader was attached to her. He had called W.C.K.D who had decided that it would be best to sneak in and steal her from her bed as they wouldn't be able to take out all of the Right Arm soldiers.

So, the soldiers snuck in at night and tranquilised her so that she would not struggle and alert those around her. They wanted to make sure that when Vince woke up to find her gone, he would know exactly who took her – they left behind a patch from their uniform below the knife that he had given her.

They managed to get Tulip all the way to the compound but when Ava Paige stood in front of the opening door of the berg, she saw a small girl surrounded by all the guards that she had knocked completely unconscious despite the fact that she was handcuffed.

"Nice to meet you, Alice." Ava spoke to the girl while she was given a sedative to calm her down. She was dressed completely in white and had the air of a woman who was definitely in charge. "You're safe with us, now."

She furrowed her eyebrows and she started to get a little bit dizzy from the sedative, "my name's Tulip, not Alice." She didn't understand who this woman was and why she was trying to push this new name onto her.

"You will answer to Alice now." Ava insisted while she walked her through the compound.

"I will never answer to that name." Tulip gritted her teeth while she was shoved into an almost completely white room.

Ava smiled at her knowingly, "we will see about that."

- - - - - -

Jorge had gotten them into a community in one of the abandoned cities, he was sure that Brenda and Thomas would have been able to get out of the building through the tunnels and they just needed to wait for a few days for them to arrive.

Alice was a mix between hopeful and absolutely broken over Thomas, she wasn't sure how to spend the free time that they suddenly had but she was so torn up with worry that she couldn't focus on anything for too long. Newt stuck to her side for the whole time and she adored him for it.

Everyone had gone out to explore the city under strict rules from Jorge while Newt and Alice chose to stay behind instead. They were alone in the apartment that they were living in for the mean time and there wasn't a lot of furniture in the place so the two of them were just sat in the middle of the large room.