𝟎𝟏

March 17, 2019

Depression is a prison where you're both the suffering prisoner as well as the cruel jailer. It isn't a war that you win, but instead a war you fight every day. It'll never stop, you'll never get any rest. It's just one bloody fray after another constantly.

And the worst part about it is that no one knows you're depressed because of the huge smile you put on your face everyday. Putting on a fake smile was better than explaining your sadness.

Sometimes the worst place you can be is in your own head.

Constance stare at herself as hot, salty tears cascade down her cheeks. She sniffled before looking down at the sink. Her attention landing directly on the positive pregnancy test that sat on it. She tap her nails on the sink, tossing her head back and shutting her eyes.

This was not what she wanted at all.

Knocking came from the bathroom door causing her to jump. "Baby." she heard Demetrius deep voice on the other side.

She quickly wrapped up the pregnancy test before putting it in the trash. She wipe her tears, getting herself together before opening the door to him. He look down at her and she gave him a small smile.

"Yeah?" she asked, leaning on the door.

"You okay?" he asked her and she nodded her head.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just had to use the bathroom real quick. I was just about to come down." she told him and he nodded his head.

"Aight, I was just checking on you. We waiting for you downstairs." he told her, she nodded her head before he walked away.

She peeked out the door making sure he had left. Once the coast was clear, she let out a small sigh. This was a daily thing with her. She'll put on a fake smile around Demetrius just so he didn't question her. Since she knew she wouldn't be able to give him a valid enough answer.

It was difficult to keep up this act, but she was doing it nonetheless.

"You got this C." She told herself, turning the light off and walking out the bathroom. She grabbed her sweater and purse off the bed then left out the room.

She kept telling herself she got this as she headed out the house. Hearing screams made her look up seeing Demetrius having Dre in a headlock.

"Constance, tell your big bodied boyfriend to get off me!" Dre shouted for help.

"Demetrius, please get off him." She told him calmly and he let go of Dre.

"Yeah, nigga listen to Constance or she gonna fuck you up." Dre bucked at him, Demetrius flip him off opening the car door for Constance.

"I swear imma end up punching you in the face, Dre." Demetrius threatened him as they got in the car. He started it up then pulled off from the house.

Constance shook her head as the two continued arguing. A lot had happened in the last three years. After the whole incident, she surprisingly ended up surviving. Unfortunately, her father and mom didn't. It was an emotional moment that left her and her sisters, crying for days even months on.

None of them could process the thought that their parents were really gone...for good this time. Ever since then, Constance took upon the role of taking care of the twins until they were old enough to be on their own. It was a struggle being a young adult while taking care of two teenagers. But, nonetheless Constance was able to do it while living her dreams.

And Demetrius was living his dream as well. The two had opened up their own shops like they planned. Eclipse Ink was the name of Demetrius tattoo shop that was very popular in downtown Detroit.