[Chapter 3|Cocoa times.]

The wind blowing behind the stone walls, blowing faded leaves and sand in air. The sun still hid behind the clouds ever since the peace of the evil spirit was broken. Dense gray clouds, hiding the blue sky for many days already, speak with their mere appearance that a downpour is about to fall in any moment now.

However, everything inside the house was very different. Burning brushwood snapped quietly in the fireplace and illumine the room with weak orange light. A pleasant smell of burnt sugar in the air that reached from the kitchen all the way to the living room. Yes, in common this room has to be large and full of different furniture, like sofas and armchairs, with TV set, all for the guests! And it has! But in very... shrunken way. Without couple of things, like that unnecessary TV or armchairs... Who need it anyway?

Coco stood at the table and sprinkled sugar into mugs. The girl now and then went through the cans of tea and cookies. In one of them there are some dried herbs, in the other there is coffee, in the third the God knows what... And when did they get all this assortment?

A soft hiss made Coco turn around, and she immediately dropped everything, hurrying to the stove. Fortunately, she was literally one step away from it. White foam swelled from the pot and hurriedly crawled down the aluminum walls closer and closer to the fire. The blondie turned the hotplate off immediately. And so, the milk was stopped by boiling over successfully, but it did leave a trace with specific smell of burning. At last, the girl returned to her search.

"I should have signed everything." The bandicoot thought when she finally opened the jar with brown powder.

You unconsciously twitched your ear when you heard the slightest movement in your direction. The girl slowly walked into the hall with a tray of drinks in her hands. Coco has already put the treats on the table and sat down next to you when you turned around.

- So, you came here from afar? - she asked while stirring sugar in her brew.

You timidly reached for the mug. A faint trail of steam emanated from the cocoa.

- Yes, kind of. I got to this island by swimming and...

You met with the amazed gaze of the bandicoot and were taken aback for a moment, and then a small giggle left your lips.

- No no no! - you waved your hand with a smile, - I didn't swim that way, I mean sail on a ship!

The girl opposite you exhaled softly and sipped a bit from the mug.

- A ship, eh? Sounds cool. - she smiled, - So you came here with someone?

[Y\S] went quiet. You carefully watched how the flames were dancing in the fireplace. Nervously drumming your fingers on the sides of the mug. The blonde looked at you expectantly but delight faded from her face slowly.

- I wouldn't say so. It's uh, hard to explain... - you exhaled, - Let's say that I landed here alone. I don't have anyone attendant.

An awkward silence hung in the air. The girl avoided eye contact, and you didn't look at her either. A small rare taps were heard from above right on the roof. One drop. Second one. All ideas and thoughts decided to avoid your head and you couldn't come with the solution to break this tense moment, and you just looked at the fireplace, like you were searching for the answer to a mute question. There was a large golden cup, like one that could be given to the first place winner, and framed photo next to it. The tall blonde, apparently also a Bandicoot, but she looked much older than your new acquaintances.