01

A month after the breakup...

Mateo was sitting next to Kaylee who was in her class room taking a test along with all the other students, all the teachers knew Mateo was her bodyguard and allowed it. Most girls drooled over the older who recently seemed more serious than usual, the only thing that made him not cut his hair was bc kairi loved it.

The older still had the smaller as his lockscreen and kept his contact name the same (kai baby 💖), Mateo never even showed emotion when Kaylee or anyone talked to him.

Soon enough kaylee's class ended and the two walked to the cafeteria where she always had her own lunch, as she was eating Mateo was on his phone looking at kairi's Instagram account which he had all their photos deleted and posted pictures of him and a new guy which made Mateo's heart break even more and make him let some tears out and sniffle catching kaylee's attention.

Kaylee: you want to go to the bathroom?
Mateo: *voice crack* p-please
Kaylee: c'mon

The two got up and some girls saw Mateo wipe his eyes and walk out slamming the doors making them all feel bad and worry, once they got to the bathroom Mateo had a full on breakdown making kaylee hold him as he balled his eyes out.

Mateo: *crying* I gave him everything and he just dumps me thinking I did something with you
Kaylee: it's ok Mateo, he'll figure out his mis ta ke sooner or later
Mateo: *crying* i miss my baby boy, my kai kai, my love, my everything *crys harder* I f-fucking hate this!
Kaylee: calm down teo, teachers might call our parents about you crying
Mateo: *sniffles* it's fine, if he moved on so should I

The mixed boy got up and wiped his tears and cleaned his face with water and dried it, once he did he walked out with kaylee following behind him. As they did they went back to the cafeteria and sat back down, when they did some girls noticed that his nose was slightly red making them all move to the two's table making Mateo look up and roll his eyes annoyed.

Most of the gis tried seeing his eyes which was covered by his long curly and fluffy hair, the mixed boy moved his hair out his eyes and looked up at the girls who possibly drooled over the older even more if it was possible but they noticed his red puffy eyes.

Girl: are you ok?
Kaylee: who?
Girl2: the guy
Mateo: I'm fine
Girl3: you seem sad
Girl4: dont bring it up!
Mateo: *covers eyes again* I'll be in the car kaylee, text me when your lunch is over
Kaylee: I'm going with yo-
Mateo: no

The older walked out once again making the younger sit back down and sigh making the girls all question her, meanwhile Mateo was smoking in the car and crying. After kaylee texted him he sprayed his car with his cologne and sprayed some on, once he got out the car he walked back into the school and went up to kaylee sho instantly smelled him.

Kaylee: *whisper yells* you smell like weed Mateo!
Mateo: so? I dont even go here
Kaylee: let's just go to my class

Once they went to the smallers calml Mateo kept getting stares from this one girl who was similar to his type making him move his hair and look at her, the girl blushed and looked away making Mateo chuckle and cover his eyes back. After the school day ended Mateo and kaylee were walking to the car until some girl called kaylee's name making the two turn, the girl looked up at the 6'3 boy who towered over everyone there.

Girl: I just wanted to give him my number
Mateo: so you called Ms. Pereira?
Girl: do you mean kaylee?
Kaylee: yes he does, but just give it to him
Girl: well I'm kenzie
Mateo: *smiles softly* hey kenzie, I'm Mateo
Kenzie: *smiles* here is my number, you should call me
Mateo: yk I'm 19 right?
Kenzie: I am too, I'm a senior tho
Mateo: I'll give you a call
Kenzie: *smiles* great, see you around

The two got into the car as kenzie went to hers, soon enough Mateo dropped the younger off and drove off to his house.