Chapter 12- undercover

It was 3:25 which meant that school had finally ended. Non of them could be happier.
"You know I forgot how stressful school could be" Stefan sighed tiredly, rolling his eyes at the homework in his bag.
"When I went to school there was certainly nothing for us to do at home except our own chores. Now they expect me to do more school work outside of school. It's bloody ridiculous." Kol complained.
"Well it's a good thing non of us will do any of it anyway right?" Rebekah reminded them.
At that note the three found a bin and dumped any homework they had inside it.
"There all sorted" Rebekah said happily.

They turned around to leave but as they did they saw the doppelgänger and her friends making their way over to them.
"Hey guys you ready?" Elena asked as if it were obvious.
They all looked at each other with confusion.
"For what?" Kol asked bluntly. Confusion written all over him.
"To go to the boardinghouse duh." Caroline said.
Their eyes all widens at once, how could they forget.
Stefan knew he couldn't go since his brother would out them about lying.
"I can't tonight, our uncle called. He needs at least one of us to help him with a few things.
"Oh okay then" the blond teenager said putting her attention on the twins.
"Don't worry we can still go. We'll tell Stefan all about it later" Rebekah answered.
"Great, well we'll see you later Stefan." Stefan waved goodbye and gave small sweet smile to Rebekah, before heading back to his Porsche.

~Time Skip~

Once they arrived to the Boardinghouse they found Damon sat on the sofa by the fireplace.
He looked up and looked surprised at the extra guests. He looked at Elena sceptically.
"Who are they?" He pointed over to Rebekah and Kol. Trying to intimidate them.
Kol had to hold in a laugh at the cockiness that the young vampire was trying to show.
"These are our new friends: Rebekah and Kol their twins" Elena started "and vampires" Bonnie said begrudgingly.
Damon came right over to them.
"Fine. But, if you try anything against us then I will rip your heads off with my bare hands." He said cockily.
Kol rolled his eyes at Damon's arrogance. He knew he himself could be arrogant at times but not this bad.
"Well you don't have to worry about us. Damon isn't it? We're perfectly fine. I know it's not much to go on but you can trust us." Rebekah said before Kol decided to make a comment about Damon and his arrogance.
Kol nodded in agreement and then they followed everyone Ito the living room.

"Ok so first things first" Elena started turning to the twins. "How old are you both exactly?" Elena asked curiously as she sat down next to Damon.
Rebekah and Kol looked at each other for a brief moment before answering. They knew they had to be older than Damon or else they could run into a situation when they find out a baby vamp can easily beat a century old Vampire.
"We were turned in 1632" Kol said picking the first date that came to mind.
"Yeah we were 17 when it happened." Rebekah added.
"Oh wow and out of all the places you came to mystic falls." Damon said raising a brow, his distrust was written all over his face.
Kol once again rolled his eyes. He definitely prefers Stefan over Damon.
"Uh maybe it's because we were born here, obviously before it became mystic falls" Rebekah said snappily. He was really starting to irritate her with his accusations.
But she she was trying to be nice since he was Stefan's brother, her brother in law.
Damon pouted at that, and stopped antagonising them.

"So what's the bloody plan to kill this, klaus guy? " Kol asked curiously.
"Right the plan" Elena remembered.
"I think we, need to find a white oak tree. It's the only way to kill an original, Elijah said so himself." Elena stated.
Both Kol and Rebekah's eyes widened at their brothers name.

"Who's Elijah?" Rebekah asked trying to hide the look of Surprise about her brother being in town.
Damon gave Elena that look of 'don't tell them' but Elena ignored him.
"He's klaus' brother" Elena answered.
"But like us he wants Klaus dead."
She continued.
Rebekah and Kol looked shocked.
"W-why would Elijah want to kill his own brother?" Rebekah said to both Elena and herself. Had Nik really done something or told him something that bad to drive their Nobel brother to spill his own blood.
"He killed his family, his siblings." Elena said.
"What!?" Kol asked. Just above a whisper.
"I told you, he's a monster." Elena said.
Rebekah and and Kol were stunned and all they could muster was a slight nod.

"Anyway back to the plan again" Caroline said, she was clearly getting bored.
"Right, okay so obviously if we can't find the stakes then we will use those daggers that we used on Elijah but actually remember to keep it in this time." Damon suggested.
"We can't, klaus is part wolf, the silver has no effect on him." Elena explained.
She looked over to Rebekah and Kol.
"You guys have been around longer have you ever heard of a way to kill an original?" She asked you could hear how desperate she was to find a way.
"Can't we just stake them they are vampires after all. Why does it have to be white oak." Kol asked acting clueless.
"No originals can only be killed by white oak and be put into a deep sleep by a dagger. According to Elijah a normal stake can hurt them but will never kill them." Elena explained.

Just as they were speaking the door opened and Elijah appeared. Both Kol and Rebekah froze in place.
Elijah did to for a second, before composing himself smoothly. He heard the conversation, he knew they were undercover so knew he'd have to keep their act up.
"I think I may have a way to kill my abominable brother."
Everyone looked at him hope filled in their eyes, except Kol and Rebekah who were still a little shocked. They hadn't expected to see their older brother any time soon.

"Yes, on the day of the ritual to break his hybrid curse, which is in a few days, when he breaks it he will start to change. That is when he will be at his most vulnerable. That is when Miss Bennett will come in and weaken him further and the rest will be up to me." He explained.
"Well right now klaus thinks I've lost my magic. We did it at the decade dance" Bonnie said.
"So we have the element of Surprise then" Elijah confirmed.
She nodded.
"And let's not forget about the extra power you have been given by those deceased witches." Elijah added walking more into the room.
"So we're all in agreement, that's the plan to kill klaus" Elena asked looking around at everyone. Everyone nodded except Damon who looked horrified.
"Do you know what that would mean for you Elena, you will die." Damon yelled full of concern and worry.

"Not necessarily" Elijah interrupted everyone including Kol and Rebekah looked confused.
Elijah continued.
"There is an elixir that will bring you back to life, forged by witches over 500 years ago. It was going to be used for katerina, before she took matters into her own hands."
Damon rolled his eyes.

"Oh come on, Elena you can't seriously believe that some ancient elixir is our hope to keep you alive." Damon yelled much more aggravated.
"We have to believe, and if I die. I die" she said putting on a brave face.
Rebekah and Kol were getting bored of their young love drama.
"I agree we should be able to trust it. I mean if what you said about Elijah is true. What reason does he have to lie." Rebekah responded trying to silence the lovers spat in the middle of the room.
"Coz he's an original duhh" Damon said as if it were obvious.
"Damon this is my life let me live it how I decide. It's not your decision what I choose to do." Elena said and walked out the house.
There was an awkward silence before Damon kicked everyone out.
They all went their separate ways.

Once Kol and Rebekah were out of earshot from the doppelgängers friends. Elijah appeared in front of them.
He looked close to tears. He then brought them both into a hug which even though Kol grumbled slightly, they gladly accepted.
"Nicklaus, he told me you were, you were all dead.
"What why would he say that?" Rebekah said her temper rising.
"I can only guess he didn't want me to get in the way, like last time."
"What do you mean?" Kol asked furrowing his brow.
"I'm the reason Katerina knew about the ritual in the first place and what would happen. I'm the reason she ran."
Elijah explained, lowering his head.
"That's barely an excuse to tell your own brother that you killed your entire family!" Rebekah yelled.
"Well, are we really surprised, this is Nik we're talking about." Kol pointed out. They both looked at him for a moment.
"Good point" Rebekah shrugged. She looked back over to Elijah.
"It's great to see you again brother."
"It great to see you both to. Now what's the plan. Considering non of you are dead I'm sure I can help you in some way. Though I cannot kill the doppelgänger. I gave her my word that I would not harm her"
Elijah said looking down at his cuff links and tweaking them slightly.
"That's all for Nik, you don't have to worry about that." Rebekah smiled.
"Yeah, how does a full blown family reunion sound" Kol smirked.

A/N okay guys so I decided imma try to update once a week. Every weekend. So updating isn't so spotty. If you know what i mean. Anyway yeah I hope you liked this chapter.