cafe | hyunlix

hyunlix

word count: 1278

note: des11004 IM SO SORRY THIS TOOK FOREVER 😭😭 it's really not very good but i hope you like it anyway 🥺

hyunjin stood in silence, his eyes fixed on a small piece of left over receipt paper laying on the counter in front of him. tongue just passed his lips, he let his hand freely flow across the paper and his eyes only flicking up occasionally to watch the boy in the corner of the room.

he didn't know the pretty boy's name, he was in the back room when his drink had been served and no other staff members seemed to remember it. his eyes were focused on the laptop screen in front of him, the reflection of an essay in his light rimmed glasses only making them glisten in the dim light of the coffee shop. hyunjin couldn't help but stare.

luckily for him, it was empty in the small little shop on the corner today. the room had a comforting scent of freshly baked bread and just brewed coffee and was usually a common meeting spot for families, students and couples alike. today there were only a few elderly people in, if he remembered correctly it was book club tonight.

hyunjin took a moment to asses his drawing, pulling his eyes across every detail and tweaking the imperfections every time he came across one, taking another look at the boy in the corner every now and then. it wasn't perfect but that only added to the charm, in his opinion.

with a quick stretch of his arms, pushing them together above his head, the boy closed the lid of his laptop. hyunjin watched him with a sweet smile as he took off his glasses and ran a hand tiredly through his hair, standing up in the process.

"excuse me," he spoke, it took the blond a slow moment to realise that he was being spoken to. "do you have a napkin?"

now up close, hyunjin was taken aback by just how sweet the boy looked. freckles littered his rosy cheeks, he was shorter than him by quite a bit so his eyes shone with the reflection of the light while looking up.

"oh, yeah. one second." his lips formed a gentle smile as he dipped down and grabbed a handful of napkins from behind the counter, returning a second later and handing them to him along with the small portrait he'd finished moments ago. "what's your name?"

the boy's eyes widened slightly and his cheeks grew pink, "oh, uh, felix." he stuttered. "thanks, by the way."

hyunjin was taken aback by the deep tone of his voice, felix looked like a fairy- in his opinion. eyes soft and kind, almost like melted chocolate and he had the cutest pink cheeks, if he wanted to hyunjin thought he could probably find constellations on the boys flushed face. a fairy or a prince, either one was accurate.

it was obvious by his slightly broken korean, which was accompanied by a strong accent, the the boy wasn't local. the panic stricken expression painted on his pretty face made it
strikingly obvious.

"you're not from korea, are you?" hyunjin asked, tilting his head slightly.

felix didn't respond, his eyes scanning over the elder's face for any sign of what he'd said. hyunjin sighed lightly and chuckled, "where are you from?" he repeated in english.

it was cute the way felix's eyes lit up, a smile breaking on his face as he spoke again in english this time. "australia, i just moved here last week."

hyunjin nodded, "cute, if you ever need help with your korean, let me know." he shot the smaller boy a wink, causing him to drop his gaze to the floor with a red face.

"thanks." he mumbled, trying to pronounce the word in correct korean. it wasn't perfect but hyunjin found it endearing, he found felix endearing.

-

due to only working weekends, it had been a whole seven days since hyunjin had returned to work his shift at the local café. not a day went by when he didn't think about felix, though.

a fake smile plastered across his tired face, the taller stood at the counter like usual and took the orders of every customer which entered. it was almost closing time and he'd almost lost hope of seeing the freckled pretty boy again.

that was until the bell rung, signalling  that someone had entered the building.

out of the usual curiosity, he watched the door open to see who had entered. his sour expression soon turned into a content smile as the boy- felix, walked into the room.

"good evening," hyunjin watched with fond eyes as the boy he likened to a fairy walked up to the counter, a shy smile painted on his pretty face. "what can i get you?"

"can i just have an iced americano please? just a small one, thank you." he muttered. the taller of the two watched in awe as felix spoke, noting how much his korean had improved in only a single week. by no means was he close to fluent yet but the vast improvement was impressive, making hyunjin only feel more fond of him.

"sure cutie." he winked before writing down the order on the small notepad provided by the cafe manager, felix threw his eyes to the floor and his cheeks became a visible shade of red.

hyunjin returned not long after, drink in hand. "hey, do you mind if i sit with you? my shift ends in five and there's no one here."

felix smiled at the offer, his eyes shining as he nodded. "sure! i wouldn't mind some company."

the taller boy internally gushed, feeling the familiar feeling of butterflies flocking in his stomach. walking to a table, they chose one quickly and took a seat. there were plenty of options due to the very limited number of people.

"i noticed you're korean has improved, i'm really impressed." hyunjin gazed at the boy across from him, resting his head on his hand.

"oh- thank you." the fairy like boy giggled, hiding his face behind his small hand. "i've been working really hard, i'm glad you noticed."

hyunjin reached over and removed felix's hand, "you're smile is so pretty, don't hide it."

the compliment only made felix smile more, his face heating up as he giggled cutely. "oh um, thanks."

"i was actually wondering if you'd want to help me with my korean? like, a day when you aren't working or busy? you could come round mine or something.." felix rambled on, his eyes moving everywhere except for the black haired boy in front of him.

"lix, are you asking me on a study date?" hyunjin smirked, tilting his head slightly.

the smaller boy's jaw dropped and his eyes widened, "no! well... only if you want to! you don't have to, i just think you're really cute and- oh my god." he stammered.

hyunjin chuckled, completely enamoured by the pretty boy. "thank you baby, you're cuter though. i'd love to, here." he took a pen from his top pocket and scribbled something on the receipt left on the table. "text me."

felix took the paper and smiled, "will do."

he let his eyes wander up to meet hyunjin's gaze, the familiar feeling of being flustered pooling in the bottom of his stomach.

after a few moments, hyunjin brought his hand up to hold felix's face, rubbing his thumb lightly across his cheek, a pretty smile forming across his face.

"you're pretty, lixie. so pretty." felix only blushed and shook his head slightly.

"if i'm pretty then you're absolutely beautiful."