Chapter 8~J. Jenks & The Night Before~

Lily's POV:

The next day, I decided to take the twins to Charlie's for the day while I went to Seattle

Charlie's been dating Sue Clearwater, so Seth and Leah are going to be over at the house. Jake was going to drive and meet us there.

I was in the car with Danny and the kids as we drove to Charlie's.

"Surprised you took a break from Jedi training" Danny told me.

I shrugged, "I thought the kids needed to get out of the house for a while and since you were going to see Leah at Charlie's house, I thought it'd be okay for the kids to come visit."

"I know that's what you told Edward" Danny said, giving me a look like I was up to something.

He shrugged, "Whatever. I'm just glad to be away from some of the red eyes."

I rolled my eyes at him, "Come, you gotta admit that Dracula one and two are creepy as hell" he said and we laughed.

After that, we made it to Charlie's and saw him, Sue, Leah, Seth, and Jake coming outside.

Katie and Hope ran and hugged Jake and Seth while Will said hi to Charlie and Sue.

"Wow, look at you! You guys have grown half a foot. Seriously! Like six inches" Charlie told the twins.

"Come on inside, lunch is on the table" Sue said.

"We got a tree to decorate, huh?" Charlie asked and the kids nodded.

"I've actually got a few errands to run. I'll be back soon" I told them as Danny gave me another look as he stood by Leah.

"Come on. Let's go" Charlie said to the kids as they ran inside with the others.

I drove to Seattle, to meet with the man Alice told me to contact. Her note gave me a sense of hope. Maybe she had a plan for us after all, and maybe J. Jenks was the key.

I was meeting him in a restaurant. I walked to the host, "Hi, I'm meeting Mr. Jenks."

He smiled and directed me to the table where Mr. Jenks was sitting.

He stood up, "Mrs. Cullen" he put out his hand.

"Hi" I greeted and shook his hand.

"I'm so happy you called" he said as we sat down.

"I always meet my clients here, it's more uh... comfortable than the office" he told me.

I nodded, "And it's more public" I pointed out, making him smile.

"So what type of work do you do, J?" I asked.

"Well, you know, this and that. It's always different which keeps it interesting" he answered.