CH.23-- Keep breathing

A/N- Love you guys for sticking by, keep the votes and comments coming in! <3 I need you here just as much as Jake, Thalia, Ryan, Elena and Alex do! With our loved ones by our side everything will turn out fine won't it? That's what the your favourite charecters believe in, do you?

P.S- You are be-you-tiful <3 Ciao

CH.23--Keep breathing

Elena's POV

I was standing right outside Thalia's house unable to get the nerve to walk inside. I still remember the first time I stood at the threshold with only Ryan's smile that encouraged me to step in. He had been my anchor and he was the one who'd guided me through all the choppy waters and right now when I was in the middle of the biggest storm I didn't have him beside me. "No Elena you cannot break down. You can't code. You are the doctor, you save lives. You will get him out of this, if you rip a heart apart you put it back together. Its what you do,its what you're best at." I tell myself more so imagine him saying that to me and with that one foot at a time I get inside.

 Without a second thought I run upto Thalia's bedroom and open the door before I chicken out or run back from where I came. "What the fuck!" I hear Jake shout as I catch them in the act and I don't even care about anything but what I want to say. As Jake fumbles to dress up decently I see Thalia stare at me like a freaking X-ray machine and its like she already knows everything. "Elena the least you could do is knock! I mean I didn't expect this from you.. don't you" Jake starts to yell but Thalia buts in and says,"Shut up Jake. Elena what's wrong!? Are you alright? Wait where's Ryan?" Just his name makes me cringe and when I open my eyes I see Jake holding me by my shoulders and looking back at me with concern as he asks," Elena, whatever it is. It''ll be fine. Tell us and we'll make it better. Remember how you used to tell me every secret back when we were kids, tell me now. Tell your best friend." I blurt out everything just as I used to so my bestfriend would make it alright, he always did and the best part he never judged me. But what I'd forgotten was that we weren't alone anymore. Jake wasn't just bound to me now and Ryan.. was he mine in the first place?  As Thalia jerked my hand off Jake's and slapped me hard I knew the answer was no. I knew I was the one who didn't belong here and the reason I'd being here all along was not here anymore.

I didn't know what to do. I felt lost , I felt hollow and I felt hopeless and worthless. What had I done? Here I had Jake and Thalia shooting questions at me and now that I wasn't responding  they were fighting with each other and the argument just got worse every moment. "Its all her fault! She should have taken responsibilty for her actions. She killed him not Ryan!" Thalia shouted and Jake retorted,"She did it to save his life and she would have taken the blame she would have but no Ryan wanted to be all macho and prove his manliness and that's what he did. Don't let your prejudice blind you! See throught it Thalia! Look!" It was my fault but I did do it only to save him and that was all on my mind. I would have confessed too but he didn't give me a chance thought I know it was only because he cared for me and not to prove his worth, I know that because I know Ryan well enough and I know myself too. But all this reasoning just stayed in head my mouth dry no words come out even though I want to speak and despite everything they just go on blaming  the other ignoring me, just if they looked I'm sure my face would tell them how badly I wanted them to stop fighting not for my sake or Ryan's but for them, they couldn't fight! This is Jake and Thalia we're talking about and love is the only word in their dictionary and yet this time it wasn't their love for each other that showed.. yes ofcourse they didn't hate each other but Thalia was only concerned about her love for Ryan and Jake was busy showing his love for me. "Its all because of him! He got into the mess and dragged her into it and saving her was the least he could do after all she's done for him and he loves Elena! What else could be expected of him?" Jake says and Thalia replies back,"Ryan does not love Elena! He cares for her more than she ever did but that doesn't mean you make baseless assumptions! " "He went to the police and took the blame for killing a guy on himself. He wouldn't do that for any random person, obviously he has feelings for her and though I don't like that thought its the truth and it only hurts you because you think he's betraying your sister!" Jake bellowed and Thalia went on without a care,"Shut the fuck up Jake, do you even know what you're talking about? Ryan loves Alexandra and always will. Its just that you hate him and hold grudges against him and that you can never find a fault with Elena right or not! "