Chapter 30 - One day at a time

"Knock knock! Anyone home!" Shouted Clint whilst fumbling around with Steve dragging the huge television into Y/N's room.
"I don't think the person in the coma down the hall heard you there clint" Steve rolled his eyes.
"Lady Y/N ! You are awake! I bring you the delightful pastry of pop tarts!" Thor boomed whilst walking over to Y/N to give her the biggest hug.
"Thor careful, don't break her anymore" said Tony.
"Haha guys you didn't have to do all this" Y/N smiled. She was so happy to see everyone but was hoping Loki wasn't with them. To her relief he wasn't.
"Yes we do , we miss you Y/N" said Nat , hugging Y/N not too tightly.
"We bring food! Lots of it. Chinese, pizza and, shake your sombreros, Mexican food!" Bruce cheered.

The team chatted for hours , laughed and teased which made Y/N so happy. She had missed normal human interaction for such a while and was glad to have a small amount of normality back in her life.
"So how're you feeling ?" Nat asked
"I'm okay, the nurses are gonna get me to start walking tomorrow" Y/N smiled.
"That's good. It'll be good to see you up and about. Lokis stayed upstairs. Tony's told him to stay away until you're happy to see him" nat knew that she didn't ask but figured she'd want to know where he was.
Y/N simply nodded.

A few hours went by and the team ate like kings and watched as many movies as they could. Y/N started to get sleepy and Tony noticed her yawning more and more as the night went on.
"Okay guys let's give Y/N some space. Grandma needs her sleep!" He winked at Y/N who stuck her tongue out at him in response.
"Night Y\N we'll see you tomorrow for our run yeah?" Steve smiled and kissed her goodnight on her head.
"That's the one upside to having a broken ankle right now. I don't have to hear you say on your left" she laughed.
The rest of the team bid her goodnight and returned to the living quarters.

Loki was sat on the sofas when the team arrived home. He lifted his head from his book "how is she?" He asked
"She's okay , she's going to start physio tomorrow to get back on her feet which is good" Clint replied.
Nat looked at Loki and could tell he wanted to know if she had asked about him. "She's still not ready Loki. Give it a little bit more time" she said whilst patting him on the shoulder reassuringly. He nodded in response and returned to his book.

*the next day*

"Okay Y/N hold onto my arm and we'll guide you along the corridor. If you need a break just say and you can sit back down" said nurse Francis. She was helping Y\N to get back up on her feet. It had been nearly a week since she had come home and had yet to leave her bed.

Y/N took a few steps , then a few more, then nodded to the nurse to sit down. She was in pain.
"Hey that's okay. That was 6 more steps than you could do this morning! It'll take time okay? " she smiled. Y/N was annoyed and frustrated that she was lacking the independence.
"Can we go up to the main living quarters? I wanna see the team. Show them I'm improving!" She asked.
The nurse replied and helped her back into the wheelchair and took her to the elevator.
"I can go by myself , thank you nurse Francis." She nodded to her as the doors closed.

The doors opened onto the living room and Y/N wheeled herself into the living room where Steve and Nat were sat having coffee.
"Working hard or hardly working?" y/n teased as she wheeled over to them.
"Y/N! Oh my god it's so lovely to see you. What are you doing up here?" Nat beamed.
"Do the nurses know you're here?" Steve asked. He was always a stickler for the rules.
"Haha yes they know I'm here. I asked to come up here. I just needed a break from ... well being sick" she replied.
Tony and Bruce wandered back in from the lab, hands filled with documents from a study they were looking into.
"Y/N! What are you doing here? Did you escape?" Tony teased.
"Very funny , no, I just wanted to come say hey" she replied.

She wheeled over to the couches and the team sat and chatted over tea. Thor and Clint returned from the training room with Loki lurking behind them.
"Lady Y/N! So good to see you" Thor shouted whilst swinging Mjolnir around his hand.
"I'll make some more coffee!" Clint replied.