𝕤𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

episode 20~ on the edge part two ~

episode 20
~ on the edge part two ~

"it's really weird not having you here, leo. everybody really misses you," bree spoke, her eyes glued to the screen that showed the younger boy's face as she leaned back against valerie.

"it's been two weeks. when are you coming back?"

"i'm sorry, guys. when i said i was done, i meant it. i've hung up my mission suit forever."

"then can i have it?" adam asked, excitement lacing his tone. "i found a guy in japan who's willing to pay top dollar."

"are you sure we can't change your mind?" valerie spoke up for the first time since their last call, still upset about her best friend leaving the academy.

"sorry, guys, i'm staying here. i gotta go. mom's hosting her book club tonight, and i'm in charge of dessert. turns out my laser sphere has caramelized the perfect creme brûlée."

"whoo, that sounds good. do i, uh, have to read a book to get in on that?"

"can you even read?" chris raised an eyebrow, uncrossing his arms and taking a drink from his water bottle.

"later, guys," leo hung up, the screen going back to its usual shades of blue.

"i feel bad. we should've given him more credit."

"i know," chase sighed. "and he deserves to be up there with us at the award ceremony tomorrow."

"so does jenna," bree added, sharing a smile with the blonde.

"couldn't agree with you more. and that's why they're gonna be. say hello to the newest members of the bionic team. cardboard leo and jenna," adam revealed the cutouts, causing the twins to burst out into laughter.

"what is that?" chase exclaimed.

"uh, it's a life size cardboard cutout of both leo and jenna, hence the name cardboard leo and cardboard jenna. pay attention, chase. this stuff isn't that hard."

"i'm right here," jenna murmured, not knowing how to react, especially after being shushed by adam.

"i think what he means is, are you crazy? we can't bring that to the ceremony," bree raised her voice, hitting val every time she heard her snort in amusement.

"of course we can, and if things get boring, i'm gonna fold leo into an airplane and fly him around. and i'll do the same with cardboard jenna if things get extra boring. whee!"