Chapter 8: Red Death

Hiccup's POV

     I made it back to the sanctuary and looked around for mom, "Mom! Where are you?!"

     "I'm in here Hiccup!!!!" She shouted from our little cave.

     "There's something I have to tell you." I whispered looking at my feet.

     "What is it?" She looked up from a book she was writing in.

     "I was at this new land Toothless and I came across. Astrid and Gobber were there along with some of the other teenagers. I spoke to Astrid and she doesn't want to be there anymore but I told her she has to stay there. I then landed on Berk before they could shoot me down. I tried convincing them again but they refused. I need to save them mom. I need to. I told them I wouldn't but I must." I crossed my arms.

     "I know Hiccup. We have to move quickly. Let's go..." She jumped on Cloudjumper.

     I was taken back by her answer but Toothless and I followed her out leading them to the nest. We got there in a few hours and Berk was just getting there. I landed and Astrid ran to me.

     "They said you weren't going to help." She smiled.

     "I will but I'm not coming back." I took off again.

     I decided to call the monstrous sized dragon the Red Death. It came out of the mountain with all the commotion of the vikings. My mother and Cloudjumper hid on the far side of the island in the clouds and would come if I needed her. She wanted to kelp herself hidden from Stoick. I shot at the dragon before it could stomp Gobber and Stoick. It fell to the ground  then got up opening its wings.

     Come on Toothless.

     The Red Death followed us around some rock pillars. A light bulb clicked in my head.

     Okay Toothless time to disappear.

     Toothless and I shot up into the dark clouds disappearing from the sight of the dragon. Then Toothless let out a screech diving towards the Red Death shooting a plasma blast at its wings. We shot multiple plasma blasts until we decided to end it once and for all. We flew in front of the dragon and got its attention. We dove down towards the island with the dragon following us. I could feel the Red Death opening its mouth preparing a fireball.

     NOW!

     Toothless turned around and shot a plasma blast into the dragon's mouth. Fire exploded around the dragon and inside the dragon's mouth. I looked back and I saw Toothless's prosthetic tailfin on fire. We tried pulling up but when we did we hit the tail. The last thing I remember was falling into the fire where the Red Death crashed and Toothless and Cloudjumper diving after me.