20-Plotting for the Future

The familiar halls of the palace greeted Acrimon as his astral body returned to his physical one. He slid off of his bed and stood up. A broad smile claimed his features as he sat in the quiet of his room and reflected on the events that had unfolded. Amora had turned out to be a useless pawn in his game. She'd promised that emotions wouldn't get in the way and then they had done just that.

"What is it about Asgardians and their inability to remain objective in these affairs?" he asked himself as he paced his quarters.

The witch just couldn't let go of her need to be superior to others. This was triggered when she learned that Thor is in love with a mortal. And it ended in decapitation. Acrimon viewed this as a cautionary tale. His own plans depended on him towing the line as much as possible. He couldn't end up like Amora.

"Even if she couldn't secure the Mind and Space Stones she could have at least killed Dean before Thanos plucked her ridiculous head off of its shoulders," he fumed. He cursed his inability to leave his home-world. Astral projection, his gift, was the only way he could see anything beyond his home. But even that was a risky affair. Especially if he sent his astral body to earth. His kind had long ago concocted a way to ensure none of them could go there, even in astral form.

"You will continue to use your astral form to search the cosmos for the other stones," Thanos had ordered him after Amora's remains were unceremoniously tossed off of the rock and into the black void.

"Yes I will," Acrimon said as he recalled the conversation. "And unlike Loki and Amora, I will play the game smarter. All I have to do is exactly what Thanos wants of me and I'll have everything I want. Dean will be dead. And like my ancestors who came from earth, I'll be worshiped and revered as a god."

Dean and Thor's adventures will continue in Eternal Night.