𝟎𝟏

Madison's POV

"I'll be here at 7:30 tomorrow!" Grace calls out the window to me before driving off. I wave as she drives away, then I walk to my front door and into my house.

I toss my bag to the corner of my room and flop down on my bed. School was boring- nothing new.

Taking out my phone, unlocking it and going to snapchat. I reply to a few chats and open all the streaks that I don't keep up with, then go to Instagram.

I scroll through my home page for a bit, liking and commenting on some posts that I missed from the night before that my friends had posted.

I lock my phone and toss it onto my bed and get up. I walk into my bathroom and wash my face before going back into my room and getting out of this dreadful uniform.

I change into some loose shorts and a t-shirt and head downstairs for food.

"Hey mum" I smile, greeting her.

"How was school?" She asks now looking up from her phone- she's probably scrolling though facebook.

"Eh, boring" I shrug as I open the fridge. I look around for a bit before giving up and going to the pantry.

"Any homework?"

"Nope" I grab a packet of small cookies and get a glass out of the cupboard and fill it with orange juice. I leave the kitchen and go back up to my room.

Setting my things down on my desk, I pull my laptop out of my school bag and place it on my desk and sit down on my chair. I rip open the cookie packet and begin eating while I wait for my laptop to start up.

Taking a sip of my orange juice, I open youtube and find a video to watch. My phone lights up with a Snapchat notification from Grace.

I open my phone and go to Snapchat to open it,

"I don't...what?" I mumble to myself in confusion.

I send her a Snapchat back asking what she means by 'you have a boyfriend?!'

She quickly replies with a text. I slide across opening it and see that it's a screenshot of an Instagram post.

I tap on it and my eyes widen in shock.

I quickly call her and she answers right away,

"I don't have a boyfriend?" I tell her- but it sounds like a question.

"Well apparently you were seen walking around the city with Ruel"

"Rool?"

"No, R-U-E-L, Ruel. Don't hold the 'ool' for so long" she corrects me

"Anyways, what the fuck?" I laugh out of confusion and amusement.

"My friend, who's a fan of his, sent me that screenshot from a fanpage of his, to me and she asked if it was you and it was" she tells me.

"Hold on...fan? Who is he?" I ask. I put her on speaker and go to Instagram and search his name.

He immediately pops up and...hold on- one and a half million followers?!

"Grace...what the fuck is this" I ask slowly

"Mads, I can't see what you're looking at" she chuckles.

"He's fucking famous!" I scream

"Well yeah, as if you don't know him" she scoffs

"Why do people think I'm dating him?" I ask, still slightly panicking.

"I did more research, and apparently someone sent it into a drama page for him. I'll send you screenshots of what they're posting"

Instantly, our Snapchat chat is flooded with screenshots.

'Ruel was apparently seen walking around darling harbour with a girl named Madison. We're not sure who she is yet but if you know anything, please let us know!' Read the first caption.

'UPDATE: her Instagram is madisonco, she's 16 from Sydney - sent in from a follower' read the next one.

"How are they getting this information?" I ask Grace as I continue scrolling through the things she's sending.

Oh shit. If they posted what my Instagram is... I swipe out of snapchat and quickly go to Instagram. I look at my notification feed to see +100 requests.

"They found my Instagram" I whine to Grace

"Yeah, I know. Isn't that great! You're practically famous now" she laughs

"No, not great" I mumble and scroll through the requests. Most of them are fanpages for him and the rest are random teenage girls. I only have 1200 followers and I'd like to keep it like that.

"Are you going to accept them?" She asks

"Absolutely not"

"What're they saying in the comments on that page?" I ask. I need to know if they're wanting to follow me because they're interested in me, or because they want to comment hate on all my posts.

"They're just asking who you are and there are mostly nice comments. Some are rude, but what do you expect from teenage fan girls of a teenage boy"

"Can you tell them that it's not true? This is ridiculous" i scoff

"No! This is so good! Imagine the popularity, the fame!" She squeals

"Grace, no" I switch to FaceTime her and she accepts

"But imagine!" She pouts

"Just tell them that you're dating him. I don't want any part of this. I don't even know who he is"

"You know that song that goes 'I've been dazed and confused, from the day I met you..." she sings off tune. My eyes widen,

"That's him?!" I shriek

"Yes!" She smiles widely

"For gods sake" I roll my eyes

"Okay well I have to go do my photography assignment now, I'll talk to you later, Mrs Van Dijk" she winks then hangs up.

What on earth is happening.