Drivers License (DNF)

Hiya! If you read this, I apologize in advance. I was listening to the song and the idea hit me.
This work is also on ao3 under the user fenway_cp (me)

Good luck <3

if the CC's ever state that they don't want fics written, I will take this down. Please be respectful :)
Thanks!

"I can't wait until you get your license and drive to my house."

"Yeah, we can hang out all the time!"

Bright smiles and loud laughs filled the room around him. Dream was there with him, and they were happy. They would be happy together forever.

But that was a month ago. Now, a week after George had gotten his license, all of the memories were flooding back.

George got in his car for the sixth time that week, buckling in and turning the key in the ignition. It was a summer day, but the sky was grey, which was fitting for George's mood. His face was already tear-stained, his eyes bloodshot and puffy. His hair was a mess of curls and knots from the lack of showering the past couple of days.

George looked in the rearview mirror, the blue light from the car reflected in his eyes, making the red in them pop out. He reached up and turned the mirror away from his face.

George took the familiar route out of his driveway and made his way to the suburbs he used to picture himself living in. Him and Clay.

"Can you imagine," George asked. "Only a few months until I can drive here every day."

"Everyday." Dream smiled, grabbing his hands and pulling him closer.

George closed his eyes and leaned into Dream. He was safe. Warm. Happy.

The warmth faded away with the memory and he was left in the cold of his car. Tears streaked down his face and he left them there to dry. No point in wiping them away if there would just be more again anyways.

Clay had moved on and left George in the past. He was dating some blonde college girl now. Someone older with more experience, better looks, better style, smarter. She was everything George wasn't. Everything he was insecure about.

But still, George drove through Clay's neighborhood, passing his house and circling back over and over. He was still in love with Clay. It was his first love, how is someone supposed to move on from that? How was he ever supposed to love someone else?

Sure, they weren't perfect, but they were in love. They had been happy.

"Dream!"

"Oh come on, George, don't you want this."

Dream walked closer to him, wrapping his hands around his waist and pulling him closer.

"Come on, baby. It's okay."

"I don't know, Dream."

"It's fine."

George shook his head and sniffled. They had their bad moments, he knew that, but in his memories, it was mostly smiles and laughter.

Clay didn't care about him anymore. He was off at college now, hanging out with new people forgetting all about his stupid high school boyfriend.

George had only seen him a few times after their breakup. He was walking through the park with Sapnap, trying to distract himself from his heartbreak.

Until he spotted the very person he was trying to forget about.

He heard the familiar laughter before he saw anything. It was Dream with some girl, sitting on a bench with a display of food surrounding them.