Chapter 1

Chapter 1

It is said that when a she wolf turns 16, they are able to shift into their wolf and find their Mate. Well today is that day! I finally turned 16 I haven't shifted yet, but I have met my wolf, and her name suits her, Melody... hm who would have thought.

I say it suits her because I love music and the melody from it, and what a coincidence that my wolf's name is Melody!! I giggle at that.

'Ya ya ya, I know that you love me, and I also love you.' My wolf says, god can't I be happier at her!

'Yes I do love you and lucky to have you! I can't wait for us to meet our Mate and see his reaction to finding us!' I say to her without hiding my excitement.

You must ask yourself why I'm excited to meet him. Well if you knew how my life is you would understand.

Ok so let me introduce myself.

My name is Catherine Knight, but everyone calls me by my nickname Cat, I'm 16, and if you haven't guessed it, yes I am a werewolf.

I'm not like other she-wolfs, that look anorexic to try and be skinny like them, that wear excessive makeup that make them look like clowns. Wear skimpy clothes that barely hide anything from plain view.

No, I'm what they call a Tom boy. I wear jeans instead of skirts or shorts. Wear T-shirts instead of tank tops. Tennis shoes instead of heels. I play soccer instead of doing cheer leading.

And you ask yourself why? Well my dad is overprotective of me, and I learned from him how to play soccer. That's what my mom hates about it. I rather be playing instead of going with her to the mall and shop for dresses, skirts, etc. Well I'm not about to spend my entire day of going into store after store and buy almost the entire stock of clothes. Nope, that's why I have a dresser with the necessary clothes.

So yes with those things combined, I'm always been making fun of. Girls in the pack make fun of me because of how I dress up. The guys, ugh, they just see me as another player in the game. They don't turn their heads when they see me, they only do it when I'm going to play, but not for being the center of attention.

Of course they do make fun of me. They always mock me for playing in an all 'guys' sport. Pssh, ya right. I don't care, I guess they just jealous that I can beat them in any game. Of all of them the worse is Blake, our soon to be Alpha, I consider him to be a jock and a jerk. He's the one that torments me every day. And it doesn't help that I have a major crush on him since childhood.

We used to be friends in elementary, hang out at the pack house when we were out of school, but that all changed when we turned teenagers, and he saw nothing in me. Oh, but he does sees that in my no good but slut of a sister, Lauren. But in every one's eyes she the perfect angel when I know she isn't because she sleeps with any guy that gives her the attention she says she deserves.

But whatever, I know it hurts me every day to see her hanging onto his arm and showing off what I wish would be mine. That's why I'm happy that I get to meet my Mate.

Once I'm ready, I head downstairs to the kitchen to eat some quick breakfast before heading to school. When I get there, I notice that my mom is already at the stove cooking something. Before I say anything she surprises me.

"Good morning honey, sit down and I will serve you a plate of breakfast, don't look at me like that. I smelled you the moment you came downstairs. Happy Birthday honey." she said.

"You always freak me out when you are able to tell when someone comes in!" I said. She always does that, no matter how many times I try to sneak behind her to scare her, she's always been able to catch me in the act.