Chapter 26

Live firing is the item the recruits are most looking forward to, men have an innate admiration and love of firearms, the image of a tough guy with a real gun in his hand in a TV movie, makes the young men long for it.

Their initial training was with the 81 1 automatic rifle, also known as the 8 1 bar, one of the most widely used of the standard Chinese guns. Bai Xinyu has loved guns since he was a kid, he played with real ones in Australia and the US and has a pile of magazines at home taller than a man, he can talk about guns. He had a lot of experience compared to the first time recruits, he had been at the bottom of his training for the last two months, suddenly he had a head start on guns, he was proud of himself, he had cleared his air of frustration and was showing off his knowledge.

Chen Jing gave them a lecture on firearms, shooting techniques and so on and then let them start shooting, Bai Xinyu was really good at it, he was so pleased with himself that he couldn't find it in his head, he winked at Yu Fengcheng, Yu Fengcheng Yu Fengcheng gave him a smirking look and didn't give him any response, leaving Bai Xinyu a bit depressed.

Luckily, Feng Dongyuan's sweetheart tried hard to praise Bai Xinyu, "Xinyu, you're really good, it's not your first time to touch a gun."

Bai Xinyu beamed, "Of course, I've had shooting lessons in America, I've used a dozen guns but this is the first time I've used a Chinese gun, it feels good in my hands."

"Wow, a dozen guns..." Feng Dongyuan said enviously: "I just want to touch the 9 5, the 8 4 is good too, I wonder what kind of soldier I'll be assigned to, hope I can use it a lot in the future."

Bai Xinyu laughed and laughed and said boldly: "A talented shooter like me, should be... Ouch!" His buttocks hurt, he looked back, Chen Jing had his foot on his buttocks, looking down at him and said, "Ban, Ban Leader."

Chen Jing said: "You're the one who talks too much, you'll die if you don't talk for a while."

Bai Xinyu bristled.

Chen Jing looked at Feng Dongyuan and said, "You too, is the shooting range a place for you to talk."

Feng Dongyuan blushed.

"Twenty push ups."

The two of them lie down on the ground in frustration and start doing push ups, Qian Liang is laughing beside them.

After breakfast break, he couldn't resist calling his mother in the messenger room, this time his father was also home, he bragged excitedly about his results, his parents were very happy for him but he always felt that his mother sounded a bit distracted, as if she was about to say something, she wasn't listening to him at all. Bai Xinyu wondered: "Mum, what's wrong with you? Is there something wrong?"

Li Weizhi sighed and said, "Xinyu, you are so far away, it's useless to talk to you but I still feel... I feel..."

"What's wrong, Mom?"

"It's about your brother."

Bai Xinyu gulped, ever since his last confession to Jian Suiying, he hadn't dared to think of the consequences, Xiao Linzi would probably be beaten to death by his brother, he didn't care if Xiao Linzi lived or died, he had no love for the boy but when he thought of his brother knowing that he had been betrayed by his two brothers... but the thought of his brother knowing he'd been betrayed by his two brothers... He was too ashamed to think about it. He'd been so lucky, he thought his brother was so good, he wouldn't be too worried about it and he'd been "sent to the frontier", Linzi would be in trouble and his brother would be relieved. But now, hearing the fucking tone, as if his brother wasn't well, he felt a bit bad, he asked cautiously: "What's wrong with my brother?"