Part 6

Literally, one hour left, you just have to make it through this one hour of work, and then you are home free, you thought. Jia and you had been bored out of your minds all day. The shop was extremely slow, and you had caught up on all your work, but your manager didn't want to let the two of you go home in case it miraculously picked up. It got so bad that the two of you had begun searching for things to do, so you were extremely happy when Chanyeol's girlfriend dropped by.

You visited with the two girls for a little bit, but you eventually excused yourself to give them some privacy. The two of them were so close that you still had moments of feeling awkward around them like you didn't belong there. They would tell you it was nonsense for you to feel that way, but you couldn't help it.

Deciding you had been gone long enough, you head back up to the front of the shop to find the girls. What you find instead is something you desperately wanted to avoid. Jia was being Jia and informing Chanyeol's girlfriend about Baekhyun's feelings. As soon as you hear the topic of conversation, you attempt to backtrack and get the heck out of there, but Jia sees you first.

"Y/N! Come here!"

"No. Jia, no." You instantly say. "I don't want any part in whatever you're planning."

Jia rolls her brown eyes at you. "I'm not planning anything. Just come here, please."

You stare at her wearily and then slowly walk over to the two of them.

"All I was doing was telling her about Baekhyun's feelings. I just want you to confirm what I'm saying."

You immediately feel annoyance wash over you. "Jia, you told Baekhyun you would stay out of it after he asked you to leave it alone."

"I know, but don't you think she has the right to know?" Jia asks you.

You look over at Chanyeol's girlfriend, taking in her expression. She was wearing the same look on her face that you had become extremely familiar with, the "what did you do now, Jia" look.

"Jia, did you tell Baekhyun you'd stay out of it?" She quietly asks, attempting to take everything in.

"I did, but I think you talking to him could help him move on." She defiantly replies.

You stood as still as a statue. Would talking to her help Baekhyun move on? Or would it cause him more pain? Would this be a horrible thing that blew up in your faces, or would it help him get closure? Geez, I'm becoming as bad as Jia, you chastise yourself. He asked for her to stay out of it. Maybe that meant he wanted you to stay out of it too.

"I don't know..." Chanyeol's girlfriend says, looking down at the ground.

"I think it would." Jia states. Turning towards you, she asks, "What do you think?"

"I think I'm staying out of it." You answer her and then look at the other girl. "You guys know him better than I do, so you talking to him is something that you're gonna have to decide on your own... I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. You're sticking up for what you believe, and you're respecting his wishes. Thank you for doing that." She pauses. "I don't know if me talking to him about it would be the best idea, but I'll think about it. Anyways, I'm assuming you'll both be at their dorm tomorrow, right?"

The EXO boys were having a little gathering with friends to celebrate various projects they have been working on. Junmyeon's musical, Kyungsoo and Sehun's drama, and a couple more things that had already slipped your mind. They wanted to do something with friends, so they figured why not come up with a reason, or five, to have a get-together.