Mini Story #2 The Pet

Dedicated to ActualKenTo, who didn't believe a new chapter would come out in the next 5 years.

Ren walked down the hallway of Beacon's staff wing. Even though it was only the first month of the school year, he knew the way by heart, as he had to travel there often to explain the actions of one of his more 'rambunctious members of Team JNPR.

Nora:"So, what do you wanna do after this teacher meeting, huh? OOH! What about we go to the cliffs and redo our initiation, or stop by the cafeteria and start a food war!

Ren took in a deep breath and held it for a short while before he let it go. Such energy form his dearest friend put off others, but being near her so long granted him some immunity, key word some.

Ren:"Nora, If we do any of those things, we'll be back here, talking to a teacher to try and negotiate you out of detention. Just be lucky Ms. Goodwitch is absent today, or else this might have taken the rest of the day."

Nora:"But Renny... what's the point of enjoying our time here at this academy if we don't have any fun! Our leader Jaune agreed with me!

Ren:"After you kidnapped him from class and got him involved in the Mistralian Mafia. You're luck the headmaster was able to pay the 13 million lien bounty on your heads.

Ren and Nora made walked down to the office to meet the teacher they got in trouble with this time. The inseparable pair arrived at the door and knocked gently. Well, Ren knocked, Nora busted down the door and announced her presence, as customary of one of her standards. All Ren could do was sigh as he added another thing he needed to apologize for on the list.

Nora:"Hello! I'm here to have my... AGHHH!!!!!

It seemed the room was occupied as a tannish blur screeched an unholy cry and launched itself at Nora's face.

It was as if someone skinned a potato, stuck giant fingers as legs on it, and gave it the mouth of a mutant shark on it's belly

It was as if someone skinned a potato, stuck giant fingers as legs on it, and gave it the mouth of a mutant shark on it's belly. Quickly, Ren grabbed the hellish vegetable and pried it off Nora, who was frightened, but unharmed due to her aura.

???:"Oh Geeze! I'm so sorry about that! let me get him off."

Out from the same doorway that presented a miniature menace, stepped out the teacher who they were due to meet with, Professor L/N.

Y/N:"I am soooo sorry about that! Barney gets really territorial against people he doesn't know."

The professor then knelt down to the floor and scooped up his pet, who was fiercely attempting to crawl out of his arms. It for sure wasn't a Grimm, but it also didn't resemble any other animal Ren heard of. He wanted to ask what breed of demon it was, but didn't want to come off as rude. Unfortunately, his Partner beat him to the punch.

Nora:"AAWWW! What a cute dog! What breed is he?"

Y/N:" Ah, first of all, its a she, and She's a headcrab."

Ren:"A, Headcrab?"

Nora:"What's a Headcrab? Oohhh!! Does it actually have someone's brain in there?!"

Y/N:"Well she did go missing last night so proba... Wait no. A Headcrab is a parasitoid species that lives off other organisms. It came from, a, place, that I would not like to mention as of now. I was basically bored and wanted a companion while I did my work, so I got good ol Barney!"

Once again, Nora was captured by the 'magnificence' of the creature, so much so that she begged the professor to hold it. Reluctantly, he agreed, and passes the Headcrab over to her. As soon as the creature left it's master's arms, it leapt at an incredible speed, so fast that Ren could hardly track it. It's destination? Nora's face.

But the creature was soon dissatisfied as Nora's aura prevented it from feeding, and then eventually just sat on top of Nora's head like a giant fleshy top hat.

Y/N:"Aw! She likes you! Glad to see she isn't so aggressive all the time. But unfortunately we're gonna have to cut this little visit short. I've received word that you, Nora in particular, have been causing a little bit of trouble for staff, care to explain that?"

Nora:"It wasn't my fault, I didn't mean to set part of the forest on fire!!"

Y/N:"This is about you sleeping in class and getting involved in a crime syndicate, what forest did you burn down?"

Ren quickly changed the subject to try and attempt to save his teammate's school career before it ever really started. He managed to strike a deal with the teacher, Nora and himself would watch over Barney the Headcrab over the weekends, in exchange for protection from Beacon's faculty.

As they said their goodbye's and made their way back to their dorm, Ren pondered on his future as a huntsman, and his partner, no, his friend Nora. The Headcrab they carried with them scrambled and screeched, and even lunged at him, but he took it all in stride, as this was the only way he would survive until graduation.