1. FIND MY OWN WAY

Crystal
So here I am, in my room, all the way in California because my dad wanted me to get married to a man of his all because it has been a few years since I first shifted into my wolf. And also because I haven't yet found my mate. He kept saying that I needed a mate before I could become gamma. But has it ever crossed his mind to know that I don't want to become gamma. Let me take you back to last week.

Last week

Well today is like every other day, boring. But it is also the day that I get to go for a pack meeting, yay!! (note the sarcasm).
Dad said that since I'm going to be the next gamma, I need to start attending the pack's meetings, which sucks for me. I hate being told what to do and since I'll be getting orders from alpha, I'll have to be working everyday meaning no me time. My life is such a pain, I have to follow every stupid rule thrown my way.

Anyways I get out of bed and take a quick shower, dad says I need to come out of my comfort zone, which means no jeans, shorts and/or sweats. So I grab a cute white dress with small red roses on it that reaches right above my knees. I pair it up with some white flat shoes and tie a neat ponytail. Time to sit in one place and listen to other people's problems (even though I have mine) for 5 stupid hours and discuss battle strategies for another 3 hours and then talking about making alliances with the nearby packs for another 4 hours. What a pain.

I go downstairs and find my dad waiting for me. He gives me a quick scan and then tells me to follow him to the conference room.
"You took your time, we are going to be late." "Sorry dad." He just looked at me and sighed, "As the future gamma you have to learn how to be ready at all times for anything. Do I make myself clear?"
Jeez old man, I said I'm sorry.                "Has it ever occurred to you that maybe I don't want to become the next gamma?" My dad just looked at me as if I said I'm going to kill my mum, "That would be stupid. One must take up what they have been given in order to save others. Now I didn't receive my answer, do I make myself clear?" I just look away and say, "yes dad."

I never get to do what I want. Ever since I turned 8, my dad started training me to be the next gamma but he never seemed to care if had friends or not. It's not that I had thanks to him but still it would feel nice to know that he cares for me and not just about the stupid title.

We reach the conference room and everyone is there. "It is 10:00 am..." the alpha announced, ".... let the meeting begin." And that's how it started, the longest 11 hours of my life.

10 hours and 40 minutes into the meeting.

Then since we were done with the meeting early, my dad wanted to make an announcement. "Excuse me everyone, since it won't be long to we pass our positions to our children, I have decided to let you know that I will be getting my daughter married to the pack's warrior captain."
"Wait, what?!!, Dad you can't be serious!!"
"Since we all know that my daughter hasn't found her mate since she first shifted, I thought it would be best for the pack if she could get married before she is given the title gamma."

I felt my anger build inside, and when I looked up, I saw the warrior's son smirk at me. And that just made things worse. But what made it even more worse was that everyone was ok with it. I just faced down and felt myself about to explode.

"What do you say daughter, when do you want the wedding? It must be within next week and the week after."

Is he being serious right now? "No." I said that with my face bowed down. Who do they think they are making drastic plans for my life.

"What do mean ' no ' ?" My dad asked looking furious.

"I don't mean to be disrespectful.... wait actually I do, who the hell do you think you are to control my life like that?" And that's when my wolf almost took control of me. I looked up and everyone was looking at me as if they just saw their worst nightmare.
I've got this thing were my eyes turn a blinding shade of blue and a white light shines so bright from the centre of it, but it only happens when I'm furious. The alpha saw me as his secret weapon against his enemies but they never told me why this happens to me, just to make sure I never show it to a pack member nor an outsider.

"Crystal, I command you to calm down as your father." 
Well this just got interesting
"And if I don't?" this time I smirked.
"I'll...I'll..." He just started stammering.
"You'll what? Take my freedom away? You already took that away from me. From now on, I am the boss of me. Have I made myself clear dad?" After I said all of that my eyes came back to normal and and an irritating headache came, but I wasn't about to tell them that.

"I would say it was a pleasure having this meeting, but it would be too much of a lie. Good night, see you when your life allows it."

After I came out, I ran straight home and packed up a small suitcase of the things I would need. Went downstairs and had dinner with my young brother and mum. Told them how much I loved them and said whatever I did or do was definitely not their fault it was dad's. With that, I told them good night and went up to my room.

Once it was midnight, I changed into a pair of jeans, a black pole neck and some black boots. I put my bag in the car and left a note on the leaving room table saying these words in bold...

                I HAVE GONE TO FIND MY OWN WAY
BYE.......

And that was when I went on my first road trip alone with no one to tell me what to do. Good bye home that I hated so much and hello Arizona.

~~~~~~~~~~
Hi guys, this is my first book and I'm super excited to be writing it. Hoping you guys are enjoying it as much as I am. Guys please don't forget to vote and comment, your comments will make this book even better. Bye 😘😘😘