Part 36

My eyes open but I see a blurry white light shining right into my face. I blink a few times and my vision gets better. It's a person holding a flash light into my face but I can't see who it is. His voice gives him away though.

"Good morning sweetheart." Mr. McGregor says the puts the flashlight off.

The room is darker now but we can still see each other. My eyes takes some time to get used to the light then I stare into his eyes. He really does have an ugly face, you can just see that this man is up to no good from miles away. I  can't believe this man is Peter's father, Peter is a much better man than this pig would ever be.

"It's good manners to greet back Kate." He says again.

I ignore him once more then he stands up from his chair and walks closer to me, when he stands in front of me he lifts his hand and smack me hard across my face.

I spit out the blood in my mouth and look him straight in the eyes, I won't show fear anymore, I won't show any pain even if they break every bone in my body.

"If I get out of this chair I'll kill you with my bare hands." I wisper then go silent again.

Greg laughs out of his stomach then he slaps me again before leaving the room.

My baby!

How could I possibly forget my baby? I have to save the baby but if they kill me there's no chance for it to still grow. I start panicking and look for a way out but it's hopeless, they tied me to a chair like before and the room is small with only a door, almost the same little room where they kept me in Peter's house. Maby this is also in a basement.

I wiggle my hands and feet to find a way to get myself loose but I only hurt myself more as the rope cut into my flesh with every attempt.

The door opens and my father comes in, he's silent the whole time as he sits on the chair in front of me only staring at me. He fish in his pocket and finally take out a small pocket knife. He sits back into his chair with one leg over the other and plays with the knife in his left hand twirling it between his fingers.

"You probably wonder why I disappeared." He began.

"No in fact I didn't gave a shit." I spat at him.

His face turns red and I can see that he's starting to lose his temper but keeps it hidden. I wonder if he'd punish me in here.

"I had to leave." He says again.

"You ran after killing your wife." I say in disgust.

In an instant he rush toward me, pulling my hair backwards with one hand and push the knife against my neck. It stings and I'm sure that he has cut me a little.

"You know nothing!" He shouts in my face and droplets of his saliva hits my face.

"Fuck you!" I shout back at him.

He throws the knife to one side then start strangling me, he's on top of me and I try pulling away from him but the chairs foot broke and he falls on top of me on the ground. The air is knocked out of me while he straddle me and keep strangling me with both his hands. I scratch and pull at his hands then I slapped him wherever I got place but his grip only tighten.

I feel the air leaving my lungs even more and I'm busy suffocating. Dark dots start to fill my vision, my chest start to burn and tighten but then sudden air hits me and I take in as much oxygen as I possibly could.

My vision gets better then I see that Greg was the one who pulled my father off of me, he threw him hard against the wall and calles for Alan to remove him from the room. Greg then gets another chair from outside the room then ties me up in the new one.

Everybody left the room and I struggle again to remove the rope from my hands but fail. After a few more attempts I quit, my wrists are cut deep from the rope. I drop my head and feel exhausted and hungry, I need to eat for my baby too.

As my thoughts spiral through my brain I feel so tired that my eyes start to flutter close. I struggle to keep them open for a long while but finally gave up and surrendered to darkness, before remembering something.

Peter.