P R O L O G U E

"Miss Patel, it is an honor to finally meet you. Specially now that you're officially the heir of Patel Industry. How is your reign?" a woman who looks a lot older than me asked as she suddenly occupied the empty seat just in front of me. I couldn't think of an answer that quick because of her sudden appearance.

The elegance of the people around was very unusual. I was used to casual and rushed ones before. People here scream extravagance.

Women wearing formal and fancy dresses, expensive bags and very eye-catching jewelries. Men wearing tuxedos, paired with their atrociously pricey wrist watches. Not to mention their unpredictable mindset, they can be kind and nice at the beginning and then they'll suddenly turn into filthy monsters once they see your flaws.

"I am well cared by the people around me, they guided me with everything that helps me adjust because I'm not that used to settings like this. So I also apologize if I don't act like I should be." I said and flashed a fake apologetic smile. My cheeks are starting to feel sore because of it.

"No, you're fine Miss Valeria. You're acting like a real royal princess even. I think the elegance is in your blood." she answered. Although I see the sincerity in her eyes, I still felt uncomfortable. Like she's trying to find something wrong with me and tell it to everybody.

I need to act like I enjoy these people's presence, but it actually makes me anxious and tired already. I don't like these kind of events, never a fan of them. I wish Hunter would hurry up and take me out of here.

I roamed my eyes around the huge ass room filled with 21st century women and multimillionaire businessmen. There's a gigantic chandelier at the center of the ceiling, tables are scattered around, but there is an elevated part of the room at the center where I'm at right now.

Wearing a gold satin deep v-neck dress paired with a white strappy heels, I sat there like I've never been in a gathering before.

I pushed my straightened black hair pass my shoulder and sipped the remaining champagne in my glass. Luminga-linga ako sa paligid para hanapin ang hinayupak na Hunter, asan na ba kasi 'yon!? Sabi niya may tumatawag daw sakanya, isang oras na tawag ba?

"Have you seen Mr. Hunter?" tanong ko sa isang babaeng kasama ko sa iisang table. Naguguluhan pa siyang tumitig saakin bago lumingon sa likuran ko, nakita ko agad ang kilig at mangha sa mata niya kaya napalingon rin ako roon.

Nakangisi siyang lumapit saamin pero saakin lang nakatuon ang tingin niya, kinunot ko naman ang noo ko sabay irap. Umupo siya sa tabi ko at agad pinaikot ang kamay sa silyang inuupuan ko.

"I'm so sorry, some of the stupid investors were calling. They're so desperate to be one of your minions." hindi man lang siya nahiya sa sinabi at walang pake kahit na marinig 'yon ng ka-table namin. Well, wala ring pake ang mga babaeng to dahil alam kong nagnanasa to sila sakanya.

He could easily blind them with his charm and their senses will vanish.

Tinitigan ko lang siya nang magsimula ulit siyang uminom. I stared at him from head to toe, wondering how these women get swooned over his appearance.

Well Hunter is a Wexford, good looks wouldn't be much questioned. But he's somehow different from....Alexion.

He's tall and slim, his legs almost overtook his whole body, light skin, flawless face, black silky hair, it all matched up with the all-black tuxedo he's wearing.

He's much younger than me, explains his looks. Mukhang siya ang pinakabata dito saamin kaya nagtataka talaga ako kapag may nagkakagusto sakanyang mga mas matanda pa nga saakin. Pedophiles, oh my gosh.

Hunter is like that one cocky boy you had a crush on on highschool that you will never forget, but then he was too famous to notice you. I see him as a kid, a kid that needs an older sister to guide him.