-2.10-

'and all we are is skin and bone, trained to get along'- treacherous

The Astronomy Tower had become one of Ophelia's favourite parts of the castle (second to Ravenclaw common room) and she always looked forward to their midnight astronomy classes

The Astronomy Tower had become one of Ophelia's favourite parts of the castle (second to Ravenclaw common room) and she always looked forward to their midnight astronomy classes. This lesson was the only time she could stargaze without being given a detention, and although many students would complain about being tired or bored, the midnight sky never failed to amaze her.

This particular evening, the second years were tasked with mapping the constellation of Orion, and his belt was clearly visible in the January sky. Ophelia studied the night air, taking note of the waning moon above. The full moon wasn't for another three weeks, she reassured herself.

For now, the sky was peaceful and calm, although the classroom was full of dull chatter. The girl smiled to herself as she finished her star chart, leaning against a pillar, eyes fixed on the stars above.

"Very nice work, Miss Weasley," Professor Sinstra smiled tightly at the girl, adjusting her olive robes, "perhaps we have a future astronomer amongst us."

"Thank you, Professor." Ophelia beamed. Professor Sinstra was a serious and strict teacher, but the girl admired her immensely, and the professor tended to have a soft spot for those who took her lessons seriously, and those who excelled. Of course, Ophelia fit into both categories, and her enthusiasm for the subject never went unnoticed.

Sinstra continued to sweep the room, leaving Ophelia to admire the night sky once more, tracing the outline of Orion with her eyes, taking in the sheer peace, letting her mind relax, forgetting about werewolves and boggarts and murderers for a while.

Of course, the midnight lessons couldn't go on forever, and much to everyone else's relief, Professor Sinstra dismissed them just before one. 

Ophelia was packing away her things when she was approached by two Gryffindors- one of which was her sister.

"Hey Gin, I'll just be a minute," the Ravenclaw stuffed the rest of her parchment into her bag before looking up at the girl beside her, giving her a quick smile, "hi Jess."

Jess had been Ginny's roommate in first year, so Ophelia had spoken with her a few times when she visited the Gryffindor common room, and she'd been good friends with Ginny too. Since her sister had been staying in her room, she hadn't seen her as much apart from the few lessons they had together. She seemed nice enough, and was always smiling and laughing.

"Lee, can I talk with you a minute?" Ginny was still smiling, but Ophelia could see she was reluctant. She nodded.

"Well, I've been thinking," she sent a small glance to the blonde beside her, "after tonight I'm going to go back to my dormitory. I was fine alone over Christmas, and Jess knows what happened and-"

"She'll be safe with me, I promise." Jess cut in, sending a reassuring smile to the Ravenclaw. 

"I just wanted to tell you now incase you thought I'd suddenly disappeared, but I'm okay now." Ginny watched as her sister chewed the inside of her cheek.