Villa Krol

You can tell life is ordinary if you wake up every morning and go to school, to work, if you have breakfast with french toast and orange juice before leaving your house, or maybe you prefer to go to a bar for a hot coffee, American, or maybe espresso. You can't say your life is ordinary when your father disappeared forgetting about his only child, and left you with your mother who's now marrying another man. Disgusting.

I hate men.
So this is how the story started, I walked to them with my grey suit, dark shoes, the wind blew in my curly blond hair for the whole day, I brought the rings. I wasn't excited for the big day, everyone was happy but not me, maybe because I knew nothing about that man who looked so much older than my mother, she was beautiful in a white dress, but the only thought of us moving in his house made me sick. The ceremony was full of people who looked at us judging my clothes, my father, the fact that we looked like homeless in search of fortune. My mother married a Billionaire.

All people who walked close to me to shake their hands just so that they could look at me closer and judge me better were important doctors, advocates and basically rich for a reason or another. I always hated capitalism and these people were the wolves of the most corrupt economic system. I hated them all.

"Can't you try to look happy for me?" my mother tried to cheer me up, she had her own way to make me feel better, but most of the time I only ended up feeling worse. I faked a smile, looking up to her, just to make her happy. "Are you sure he's the right one? We can still run away from here" my voice was interrupted by the person who wanted me to call him dad, of course I would have never done that. " Jorge! Are you having fun?" - "Uh. Not really" I have always been honest about my emotions and this is one of the reasons why I don't have friends. "Hahaha! He's so funny!" my mother interrupted the embarrassing silence that my answer had created, I faked another smile, Mr. Krol walked closer "I can't wait for you to meet my son! You guys have a lot in common". He smiled at me, taking my mother by hand and walked away to greet some other rich people. My mother loved the environment, but I felt like it was already taking my breath away.

She told me about her new step-son, a only child, who grew up in a villa that I could only imagine in dreams. I didn't understand what me and that kid could have in common, maybe our age? I was 17 at the time and I couldn't run away from what my mother wanted to be my future. We moved to Villa Krol two days after the wedding.

A wonderful modern architecture in the middle of Madrid, surrounded by 3 kilometers of trees

A wonderful modern architecture in the middle of Madrid, surrounded by 3 kilometers of trees. Bigger than the public park were I used to play after school when I was 7 years old. Outside the white walls and the millions of windows, there was a huge fountain to welcome guests and cars who could be placed into a private garage, which had more than 250 open box for every vehicle.

It was bigger than what my imagination could ever draw, our driver stopped in front of the entrance, where some members of the security staff were waiting for us and helped us walking out of the car, opening the black car door and taking our bags. My mother didn't want to bring too much stuff with us, we left behind all our memories in that old apartment we sold, a new life was beginning and she had no intention of remembering where we came from.

We walked inside the Villa and Mr. Krol smiled to us, opening his arms as welcoming, going right to kiss my mother on her cheeks - "You look beautiful today, Lady Krol" - disgusting I thought, but I forced myself to smile, in the time I looked around and it seemed to me to have just walked into a Royal Palace. The walls were so high and white, as heaven columns, to the ceiling where a huge and beautiful chandelier adorned with diamonds started at us showing its importance. I felt so poor in that moment, but I knew I had no reason to feel like that because, in the bad or the good, that was my home.

"Thomas, please show the beautiful room we create for Jorge! I'm sure you're gonna love it son!" - He smiled again, I couldn't explain where he found all his happiness, probably he was just faking kindness to please my mother.
"Please, follow me Mr Garay" - His voice took me back from my thoughts, I walked behind the tall old man who took me upstairs, to the east zone of the house, where my room was supposed to be. I felt nervous and I was silent, so he decided to broke the embarrassing moment speaking about the story of the house, I didn't pay much attention, but I understood in big lines that the Krol family was a billionaire dynasty, from the very grandfather to Mr. Krol and his son. They were into energy industries and they basically controlled the entire city of Madrid. "Mr. Benjamin wanted to greet his new stepbrother so he decided to draw the project of your new bedroom. All you see has been approved by him and he tried to focus on your documents to follow your tastes" - I stopped as he turned to me, explaining all the efforts that my new brother put into drawing a room only for me. Mr. Benjamin was 18 years old, but he was a Krol, so of course he was already into professional work.

He was attending his last year of high school and he already owned an office of surveyors and engineers. The fact that he personally drew the project of my new bedroom caught my curiosity so I asked to get in, and as a good servant, Mr. Thomas followed my request. He opened the door letting me walk ahead and suddenly my eyes started to shine. It wasn't just a bedroom, it was a full apartment. In the entrance there were two big plants welcoming into a green themed bedroom, white wood as the floor and white walls with some black details. I had a personal bathroom who was bigger than my old house, with both a shower and a Jacuzzi, that was so big to be perfect for a pool party. The bed was placed on a raise of wood decorations, it faced the bathroom door. On the right side of the room, a big window opened on a balcony on which I could see the gardens behind the villas, where the pool and the flowers filled the skyline view.

The balcony was closed above by a wood roof covered with plants of lavender, the flowers falling down to the wood columns gave me a peaceful sensation, as I walked to the table that was supposed to be used to have breakfast in the time I wouldn't want to join the family.

It was all I have ever dreamed about without even being able to imagine such a detailed description of my real self. How was it possible that my new stepbrother knew me so much better than I did of myself? I was happily shocked.

"So... How did he know about my passion for plants and nature?" - I asked to Sir Thomas, who smiled at me giving me an answer who didn't replied to my question: "There is nothing that Mr. Krol doesn't know!" he left the room closing the door behind his back, leaving me alone with my thoughts and that beautiful room that I was about to call MINE.

My opinions on that boy changed so fast, I thought he was a selfish rich kid, but what he did for me was amazing and I felt bad for having prejudices about him. I wished I could know him better, but he wasn't home.

"When are you coming home?" - "Ahhhh to meet your new toy? I don't wanna play to the happy family leave me alone" - "Don't be mad at me for trying to be happy, come home we need to talk" - "Yeah yeah, sure, maybe I'll come tomorrow

"When are you coming home?" - "Ahhhh to meet your new toy? I don't wanna play to the happy family leave me alone" - "Don't be mad at me for trying to be happy, come home we need to talk" - "Yeah yeah, sure, maybe I'll come tomorrow... No promises" - "and be nice to your brother." - "A BROTHER?! you didn't tell me the bitch had a son!!!" - " Watch your words Benjamin Aleksander Krol."

End of call.