Maserati

I used to watch a lot of movies in which rich people had parties, but I never imagined being able to see how the staff of a rich man used to organize a party. Sir Thomas had been busy the whole week, meeting people every day for the music, the food, clothes,  decorations.

Everything had to be perfect for our first public appearance as a family: the new family Krol.
As I said the Krol family was a billionaire dynasty, and somehow I was part of it, even if it was still hard for me to realize.

However, in the time that my mother chose if a chocolate dessert was better than vanilla pudding, I was trying some of the new clothes in front of my mirror, I didn't want to be unprepared for the big night.

"It's 14:00 and you're still trying clothes?" - Benji interrupted my inner voice who never stopped to criticize how bad I looked with leather pants, he walked inside my room and stopped behind me, looking at the mirror.

"I look like a snake when the skin changes" - "Uhm... That's accurate, I'd say more like a strip club dancer" he laughed trying to make me smile, I wasn't amused because I really felt uncomfortable with that pants of leather, so I walked back to the closet room and I changed the outfit, maybe it would look better with a white shirt and a black gilet.

I walked back to see myself in the mirror and I turned to Benji to show him how the white shirt perfectly matched my black pants, he smiled crossing his arms - "Now you look like a barman" - he said, ready to criticize my next 10 outfits.

After one hour spent trying clothes, we got tired and I gave up, it was obvious to me that I wasn't ready to be part of such an evening. He seemed so sure about how to dress, and I was there crying because I was scared to be confused for a barman or a servant or worst: a strip club dancer. I let myself fall on the bed, closing my eyes trying to imagine what I could have put on my body that would have looked good.

Benji found something of Calvin Klein and he thought it would look good on me, so he walked towards the bed with this suit: the pants were dark grey, very tight and it fit perfectly my legs because of my skinny body, a purple shirt with half-length sleeves to which he added some gold necklace.

I liked how the whole thing looked on me, I smiled looking in the mirror meeting his eyes who were staring at my reflection - "Now you look good!" - I smiled again, showing my teeth, I was happy and I felt comfortable because he knew what he was doing, and I trusted him.
"You're gonna introduce me to your friends?" - I said turning my face to him, walking closer while he was standing in front of me - "I should hide you in some closet. Be thankful I helped you to find something to wear!" - "Oh again, why you're so rude to me?" - " I'm your older brother it's my job" he crossed his arms, smiling as he knew how to tease me, but this time I was ready to fight back - "Uh... I thought you didn't have a brother".

He became silent all of sudden, smiling at me without taking off his eyes from my face, I stepped back because I didn't want him to have control of my body again. I wanted to be the one in control for once and he seemed to be very attracted to my outfit, I kinda knew how to rule the evening that was about to start in 6 hours.