The Tonight Show

Pairing: Timothee Chalamet x Fem!Reader

Written: January 15th, 2021

Posted: January 15th, 2021

Warning: None

Word Count: 736

"Do you remember the signal for when you're uncomfortable and don't want to answer a question?" Timothee questioned

"Yes, I do." You responded rolling your eyes.

Both you and Timothee were headed to The Tonight Show to interview about your upcoming movie together. Naturally, with all the time you had been spending together, you were close.

"Good." He responded beaming at you, while gently nudging your shoulder.

A comfortable silence fell between you, as you listened to the screeching of the subway car along the rails.

"Are you nervous?" Timothee was the first to break the silence.

Glancing at him, you couldn't help but feel your entire body shaking. You had done press tours before, but they were never like what you'd experience at The Tonight Show.

Humming you nodded your head.

"Don't worry," Timothee spoke, placing a comforting hand on your thigh. "I'll be right there with you, nothing to be nervous about." He sent you his infamous smile.

Fireworks erupted and exploded around your stomach, as you took in his features.

"Thank you."

"Tonight, we have two very special guests.." Jimmy's voice echoed through the studio.

"You ready?" Timothee questioned reaching for your hand giving it a light squeeze.

Sighing you gave him a half-smile. "Ready as I'll ever be."

"Let's welcome Timothee Chalamet and Y/N Y/L/N!" Jimmy exclaimed filled with excitement.

Taking in a sharp breath, you followed Timothee onto the floor.

"Hello and Thank you for being here tonight." Jimmy greeted.

Timothee had taken the chair farthest away from Jimmy causing you to sit directly next to the desk.

"Thank you for having us." You and Timothee spoke in unison. Whipping your head in his direction you couldn't stop the chuckles that fell past your lips as you grinned at him.

"Well, it looks like you two are in sync." Jimmy chuckled.

His words caused the fireworks to return, as you dropped your gaze to your shoes.

You had decided on a simple yet plain outfit. A Black strapped dress that hugged your body while, you had decided to wear your Black sparkly Louis Vuitton's for the first time, as your hair was pinned up.

As Timothee answered another question, you gazed around the studio. Most of the audience was in their mid to late twenties with the exception of a few. They all seemed engrossed in whatever anyone had to say.

"So, Y/N." Jimmy's voice pulled you from your thoughts.

"Yes, Jimmy?" You questioned shyly.

"Is there a lucky man in your life?"

It was a question you had avoided during press tours. You wanted to keep your personal life as secret for as long as you could. Letting out a shaky breath, you remembered what you and Timothee spoke about.

"Uh...Well, Jimmy. That's a very good question...." Your voice trailed off, curling your middle finger over your index finger, you lifted your hand slightly allowing Timothee to glance at it.

"How about the Mets?" Timothee quickly questioned, turning the attention on him.

Lifting one of the corners of your mouth you sent him a closed-lip smile, as a silent thank you.

"See, it wasn't too bad," Timothee spoke, as he ran his fingers along the inside of your palm. Together you swayed along with the subway car. Letting out a yawn, your eyelids grew heavier and heavier.

Humming in response, you rested your head on Timothee's shoulder before closing your eyes.

A fan that was sitting across from you, took their phone out and snapped a picture of you sleeping on Timothee's shoulder. It didn't take long before the picture blew up on the internet.

"You know, I could always help you answer the relationship question," Timothee spoke, his voice wavering slightly.

"Oh, yeah?" You questioned sitting up as your stop approached. "How do you figure?"

"Well, I was thinking-"

Before he could respond, the doors opened as the intercoms began speaking. Letting out a sigh, you exited the car. Linking his hand with yours, he led you through the crowd of people.

"Want to stay over?" He questioned once you had made it onto the sidewalk.

"Please." You spoke with a yawn. "I don't think I'd be able to make it back home."

Grinning, he wrapped his arm around your waist pulling you snug against him. Wrapping your arm around his upper hips, you walked side by side down the streets of New York.