~beautiful~

Anyone with eyes could see the chemistry between Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy.

Except for, incidentally, Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy.

The two "enemies" were stupidly oblivious to the wagers, speculations, and incessant complaining about them.
The complaints mainly originating from Snape, who quite frankly, was tired of the both of them, not to mention wanted to win his bet with Lucius.

The shocked gasps and protests from fellow students that previously arose when Harry and Draco got into an altercation had been replaced by annoyed whispers and dramatized eye rolls.

The reactions didn't stop there, however. In the great hall, as they glared at each other, everyone grew tired of their uncontrollable bickering.
They'd been compared to an old married couple more than once, both boys promptly feigning nausea when the idea was brought to light.

Though students seemed to be entirely tired of the obliviousness, no one was more tired of it than Severus Snape.

Severus was Draco's godfather, and had been instructed to look after the boy during his time at Hogwarts. He'd tried, of course he'd tried. But Draco always seemed to get himself into situations Severus simply could not get him out of. Namely, an explosive incident occurring in his potions class, which ironically was Draco's best subject. Until he was paired with Harry Potter, that is.

Snape may or may not have done this on purpose; if you ever asked him about it, he'd probably flourish his cloak directly in your face, before exaggeratedly sashaying in the opposite direction.
Say what you will about him, but the man knows how to use theatrics.

"Now look what you've done! You were supposed to mince the wolfsbane, Potter. Not slice, mince." No one could've missed Draco's voice echoing through the dungeons, scolding Potter for his careless mistake.

"Well I'm sorry I've destroyed your perfect record, Malfoy." Harry rolled his eyes in response, clearly aggravated by the boy.

"Thank you. I don't accept your apology." The blond turned away from Harry snootily, taking after his godfather in the drama category.

"That's probably a good thing, because I was being sarcastic, you absolute twat." Harry continued to stare at Draco, despite the fact that the other boys nose was pointed to the ceiling.

"What the hell have you two done?" Snape stormed into his classroom, causing the rest of the students to divert their eyes from the altercation, back to their work, though it was far less exciting.

"It was his fault, professor! He sliced the wolfsbane instead of mincing it! No wonder he's a Gryffindor. Big and brave but no brains." Draco remarked, waiting for his godfather to take his side. Harry stayed silent, knowing if he said anything, he'd only get more house points deducted.

"Detention for both of you. My classroom, tonight after dinner. Do not be late." Snape sauntered to the front of the room, smoothly positioning himself back at his desk. Draco stared at him, mouth agape, as Harry tried to stifle a laugh.

"This is all your fault, Potter. Perfect Potter always doing whatever you want, no matter how it affects anyone else. I will never understand how you've tricked everyone into loving you." Draco mumbled, turning back to his paper angrily.

"You think I'm perfect? Really Malfoy, I'm flattered." Harry chuckled, and the other looked up at him with daggers in his eyes.

"You're an imbecile, Potter. I hope one of these days you have a potion accident that smites you." Draco said calmly, before returning his attention to his paper once more. Harry didn't reply. He wasn't quite sure how to. He and Malfoy had been in plenty of arguments, fights even, but never had a death wish been uttered by either of them.