THE END: PART ONE

"How are you feeling?"

Isabelle looked over at Liam, his wide eyes full of concern. His hand rested on Isabelle's arm and stopped her from moving forward. They were walking in the woods, taking a break from the constant supervision Isabelle was receiving from everyone else.

"Good," she smiled. "Great, actually."

"Great?" Liam raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah," she grinned, grabbing his hand and pulling him along. "Like how Peter Parker felt the day after the spider bit him."

"Really?" Liam looked pleasantly surprised that she remembered the superhero he'd tried to get her interested in months ago. "You think you could scale a building?"

"Hmm," Isabelle considered it, then stopped in her tracks and faced him. "Probably not."

"So lame," Liam shook his head at her. She smiled at him, and his face softened. "How are you really feeling?"

"I feel..." Isabelle frowned thoughtfully, then leaned forward mischievously. "Invincible."

Liam shivered as her lips whispered the words against his, and before he could consider calming the warmth rushing through his body, her mouth was on his and her hand was trailing up his stomach.

"Oh, yeah?" he laughed nervously when she pulled away. She nodded, eyes alight with a strange fire that he only managed to get a glimpse of, then she was kissing him again, just long enough for his head to spin, then she stepped back.

"I think I'm feeling a few other things, too," she admitted, reaching for his hands and sliding them around her waist. He immediately tightened his grip, not wanting her to step away ever again.

"Y-you are?" he stuttered. Her eyes locked on his and she nodded with an amused smirk.

"I don't know about you," she murmured, pressing her lips to his collarbone. He let in a sharp breath of surprise, trying to focus less on his nerves and more on the hand running over his chest and settling over his pounding heart. "But I am feeling..."

Isabelle closed her eyes and leaned forward, gently pressing her lips against his. When he gasped, she slowly opened her eyes, an eerily calm smile on her face.

"Insatiable," she hissed in pleasure, feeling the warmth of the blood trickling down her right hand. Liam's limp body fell to the ground at her feet, but she was focused solely on the still-beating heart in her grasp.

"And this," she continued, running her tongue over her lips hungrily. "This is just what I needed."

~~~~~~~~~~

Isabelle's mind was screaming, but only a small gasp escaped her lips when she jolted herself out of the most realistic and horrifying nightmare of her life.

Deep breaths, she demanded to herself. Deep breaths.

Liam was far away from her and safe, she assured herself. As long as he stayed away, she couldn't hurt him.

"Isabelle?" a tired voice startled her out of her thoughts. She looked toward the noise and saw Hayden a few feet away, watching her with sleepy eyes.

"Hayden," Isabelle whispered. She eased herself to the ground, ignoring the mysterious ache in her stomach, and quickly scurried to Hayden's side. "Are you okay? Did they come back?"

Hayden gave her a look of pure confusion and rubbed her eyes.

"What are you talking about?" she glanced around the room with a slightly more-awake mind. She didn't think anyone had left. "Did who come back?"