•3• 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐓𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐬

"Turns out it was mostly a lie.

But at least for a little while,
It was a beautiful one."

-Unknown

✰   ✰   ✰

Your POV

When we get to the bowling alley we all get out of the car at the same time. As we're walking in Tom comes over to me and whispers in my ear,

"You got out of the car too fast."

"What do you mean?" I whisper back.

"I was going to open the door for you." He says and walks back over next to Haz. I have to break into a slight jog so I can catch back up to them.

Why would Tom want to open the door for me? Why is he acting weird?

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when we walked into the building and I'm hit with the loud noise of people bowling, yelling, and playing arcade games. We walk up to the front area where you pay to get bowling shoes and a card to play the arcade games.

"Hi, we'd like one hour for bowling. 3 people." Haz says when it's our turn.

"Ok, do you need shoes?" The lady behind the counter asks.

"Uh yes."

"Ok what shoe sizes?"

"10." Haz says.

"10 1/2" Tom says.

"(Your shoe size)" I say.

As we say our shoe sizes another person behind the counter gives us our shoes. As Haz is paying for it I start to get distracted by this one girl playing an arcade game, she's really good and everyone around her is watching too.

I jump when I feel a hand on the small of my back. I turn my head back to see Tom there, "come on Y/n, we're going to go play." He says softly. I'm slightly confused by how he's acting but I just shake it off and we walk over to our lane.

We start walking over to where Haz is and Tom takes his hand off my back. It's a short walk to our lane and Haz is already setting it up. Tom goes off to find a bowling ball to use. I follow him and pick out one fairly light, but not too light. 

"Hey Y/n." Tom says from beside me, "I want to see if you can hold this bowling ball." He holds up one that's a 16 pounds.

"Uhh...you think I can't hold it?" I say as I walk over to him. I put my arms out to grab it and he drops it into my arm.

"Jesus Christ Tom!" I yell, "you almost broke it." I say as I tried to hold up the bowling ball. I can do it, it's just really heavy.

Tom just shrugs and walks away to look at more bowling balls, I raise my eyebrow at him and roll my eyes. "Tom."

"Hmm." He hums without looking at me.

"Are you going to use this bowling ball or can I put it down?" I ask as my arms start to get heavy.

"Yeah, but I want you to keep holding it," He says as he looks at me.

"Ugh! Just take it, ok I admit its heavy." I say and he smirks, he comes back over to me.

"Got ya, I knew you couldn't hold it darling." he says as he takes the ball out of my arms, his hand slightly brushes against mine. He holds the bowling ball like it's nothing and I just roll my eyes at him. "I could hold it, it was just really annoying."

Before Tom can say anything stupid I grab the ball I was going to use and walk back over to Haz, he already has our game set up and we are ready to play. Tom comes back with his bowling ball and we start our one hour of playing time.