Phone Number

songs for this chapter;
this is the life - two door cinema club
undercover martyn - two door cinema club
~~~~

It was the next day, you were still not yourself. People were still tugging at you for every little edit you needed to take a break but your life was so boring you would be doing nothing all day.

You started with violin first, it might get in Daveed's way of teaching but it was just something to ease you awake so you weren't thrusted into work.

Something about the violin really stuck, you could have given up on music but you didn't and kept moving with it.

The sun was shining and it was hot out, you decided for some loose shorts that definitely showed your ass when you turned too fats but who was looking? you also threw on a tank top and opted for no bra.

"Hey Siri," you paused, "play my summer playlist." You waited a beat and once your music began to play from your phone you slowly started to move, you grabbed hair brush from your bathroom and went back to your full length mirror.

"This is the life! This is the life! This is the life!" You sang and jumped around, your hair bounced and whipped around your care free dancing. Clyde decided to join by jumping and barking around you, "sing it Clyde!" You ran around you house with your phone blasting.

For those three minutes you completely forgot about all the stresses in your life, you forgot about the world slowly collapsing and ending. You forgot the feeling of living through history, that weird feeling that some of your reports could make it into a history text book that will be white washed like the rest of them. You forgot about your parents struggling and your struggles as well, the feeling of hopelessness knowing your lungs weren't your fault.

The song changed, "and she spoke words that would melt in your hands, and she spoke word of wisdom..." you kept the hairbrush as you carried on.

With your eyes closed you could finally block out the tunnel vision you had been going through, trying to get through this stupid pandemic. You had brushed by the summer sun until now and the wonders of different coloured flowers. You had brushed by the blossoming of a new neighbour, the connection with the walls built between you two.

You hoped Daveed felt a little giddy when a new letter appeared on your doorsteps, like a kid during the holidays. When your heart would leap at the little jokes and even though the jokes were awful that stupid smile still plagued your face, you'd feel like a school girl when you'd feel your face for a blush and there it was, crushing over a boy.

"I wonder if he left anything." You spoke to yourself, the door swing open and you saw a little container. After lifting it up you couldn't help but let out a little, "no he didn't."

(Y/n)
Hey, I don't know what was happening last night but I hope you're better today , I can't have my ray of sunshine feeling blue.
Here are some cookies that I only baked from a box because I can't bake or cook for the life of me.
-Daveed
Ps. If you're ever feeling down, please call me
247-365-5252
(A/n:Fake number)

"Why am I tearing up?" You sniffled, "god, he's so cute." You looked through your window but didn't see him, "why am I talking to myself?" You whispered and pulled out your phone.

XXX-XXX-XXXX: hey Daveed!

"No..." you whispered and deleted it.

XXX-XXX-XXXX: wassup

"Are you twelve?" Deleted.