꧁89꧂

When James and Leta told Sirius that she was pregnant his first reactions was, "I'm going to be an uncle!" and "The heir of our glory is being born!"

Euphemia had identified that she had been pregnant since November which shock her that she didn't notice earlier. She had given Leta many different potions to help her with pregnancy symptoms such as muscle cramps and swollen feet. She offered her a serum to help with cravings but Leta wanted to see what exactly she wanted to eat.

Leta's stomach has began to grow bigger and bigger until she could no longer see her toes without the help of a mirror. She lay on the couch, her feet up as her hands rested on her stomach.

The sun had set but it was still warm because it was June. The living room window was open to help cool her down and she wore one of James's shirt which she occasionally pulled to her nose because it smelled like him.

Her head then shot to the letterbox when a small envelope which fell on the doormat. She swung her legs off the couch, groaning as she stood up and held onto her back. Leta dragged her legs behind her and she walked over to the front door, her hand on her back as she bent down to pick up the letter.

She then waddled back to the couch and sat back down, running her finger under the seal and pulled the parchment, unfolding it to read the writing.

'To Leta,

I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that I discovered the Dark Lord's secret. I have stolen a horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can in a sea cave. I love you and I promise to watch over you.

R.A.B'

Leta felt her blood go cold and her eyebrows furrow with confusion. "Leta guess what? I got of early from-" James froze in the doorway, looking at Leta who looked as if she had turned into stone.

"I need to find Regulus!" She shouted, standing up as fast as she could and getting ready to apparated but before she could, James grabbed onto her arm.

They appeared in a dark cave which had a small rock island surrounded by dark water. Leta looked up with horror to see Kreature looking down at the water. "Regulus!" Leta screamed as she watched the dark haired boy she had known since childhood be dragged under the pale hands. Regulus saw her but his mouth was already under the water so all he could do was look at her, his sorrow, haunting eyes looking into hers.

Tears flooded from her eyes as she shouted for him, her voice breaking. She ran to the water but James grabbed onto her arms and held her back, trying to keep her away from the water. She tried to use her elbows to push him away but she was unable to.

James then turned her around and held her into his chest so she did not have to watched Regulus. Leta held onto James's short until her hands went white as she sobbed into his chest.

"Leta, we need to go." He whispered as he watched the dark water ripple as the boy disappeared into the darkness. "But what about Regulus?" She asked, pulling her face from his chest and looking up at him, glancing back.

He did not answer her but held onto her tightly and apparated back to their home, helping the girl sit down. She was frozen with shock, she felt like what she saw was a dream.

Then she broke down, she ran her hands through her hair and gripped on tightly. Her eyes stung with how much was crying. She gasped for air as she felt like the walls caving in on her. "How could I let this happen? What did I do wrong?"