Maddie: Queen of Dreams

Severus: It's taking so long.

Sean: [chuckling] Look at yourself, Father. You would think this was your first child. Tell me, were you this nervous when I was born?

Severus: Well, yes and no. It was different with your mother. But with Mary, we gave up hope. We were told she could never have children.

[they hear a baby crying]

Mark: Father! It's a girl! Father, it's a girl! It's a girl.

[the baby continues crying]

Severus: My girl! [runs to get the baby]

Mark: Can you believe it? Mary had a baby.

Sean: I guess it is a miracle.

[they all walk off, then Severus walks in the tent]

Severus: [looks at Mary and baby Maddie] O God, who is the Father of us all, you have blessed me with a gift beyond all measure. Within a barren wife, amid the twilight skies of my life, you've placed a treasure. [singing] A brightly shining star where there was none, you have granted us a daughter.

Mary: [singing] Dreams do come true. Look at you.

Severus: Maddie.

All: [singing] Our baby sister.

Severus: [singing] She is special.

All: [singing] She is one of us we'll keep her from harm, and we will teach her.

Severus: [singing] I will teach her all she needs to know. She'll stand apart from other women.

All: [singing] We'll stand beside her and together, we will show her what it means to be a family.

[baby Maddie pets Severus]

Severus: [singing] You are a miracle child, you are the best you shine the brightest.

Father: [singing] Your days.

Severus: Maddie.

Father: [singing] Will be cloudiness.

Severus: Come to Papa.

Father: [singing] And mild. Your trails be blessed. Your trials the lightest. You were made for better things, you will share the air of queens, you were born and fortune smiled, for you are a miracle child.

Mary: [singing] The sun will rise within your eyes, the moon will light your smile. And Heaven grace your gentle face. With power to beguile. [speaking] Good night, Maddie. [kisses Maddie, then she continues singing] You will wade through the river of sorrows, warm and dry.

Mark: Keep it steady.

Severus: [singing] And angels will guide your tomorrows, this I prophesy.

Both: [singing] For you are a miracle child. You are the best.

Hans: Hey, what are you doing?

Both: [singing] You shine the brightest. Your days will be cloudless and mild. Your trails be blessed, your trials the lightest. You were made for better things, you will share the air of queens. You were born and fortune smiled. For you are a miracle child.

[Severus gives the ball to Sean, throwing up and down, then looking at a coat, then Severus wears the coat on Maddie]

Maddie: [singing] Dearest Mother, beloved Father. A coat of colors bright as butterfly wings to remind me. Things you've told me all my life, I am special, I am smart. I am somehow set apart. Petty rules and limitations don't apply. For I am a miracle child. I can't be harmed.