16. matthew

{matthew}

{matthew}

"Hello, welcome to The Wolf Tavern, table for one?" the host greeted when I arrived and I shook my head greeting him back

"Uh, no, actually for two, my friend will be joining me in a few moments," I replied and he nodded

"Table or booth?" He asked as he grabbed two menus from the podium,

"Booth should be okay," I said and he nodded leading me to an empty booth placing the menus down

"Your waiter should be with you shortly to take your order," he said and once I nodded he left to return to his post. And not even a moment after he left did a waitress make her way over. She was a beautiful girl with ember hair, green eyes, and a petite figure.

"Hello, handsome, my name's Kim and I'll be your waitress for the evening, can I get you anything to drink?" She said as she twisted a strand of hair between her fingers while also chewing a piece of gum making me blink. Was she, was she flirting with me? Was that what she was doing? If so, she's wasting her time.

"Glass of water should be fine for now, thank you," I said and she nodded writing it down before saying she knew to have it to me in a few moments before walking away.

While she went to get my water, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and went to my notes. I've come up with a few new songs that I wanted to start rehearsing with the band as well as some brand names that I wanted to go over with Harry since I've already done that with the band. We all agreed that we should get Harry's thoughts on them before officially naming the band.

I guess I had been too into my notes that I didn't notice when the waitress, Kim, returned with my water until I heard Harry say,

"What's got your attention so much?" I jumped and looked up to see him sitting across from me with an amused look on his face, "should I be jealous?"

I blinked and felt my face beat up with an incoming blush and cursed, "uh, um, I," I cursed at my stuttering and Harry grinned

"I'm just teasing you, no need to look like that," he chuckled and I bit the inside of my cheek, "have you ordered yet? Other than the water of course?"

"Uh, no, I was actually waiting for you before I ordered anything" I replied and he smiled

"Well let's change that then, shall we?" He asked and I nodded. He raised his hand and the waitress from before came over notepad in hand,

"Are you ready to order?" She asked her eyes lingering on me a bit too long for my liking and so I looked anywhere but her

"Yes, we are, actually," Harry said before giving the girl our orders which consisted of Shrimp Alfredo with a side of garlic bread for me—Harry actually ordered it before I food even say a word— and Chicken Alfredo for Harry with a side of fries.