Unreleased Scene

CHAPTER 18

Jeno's p.o.v

"So, what you say?" he doesn't respond to me at all. Not even a nod or hummed. I sigh at his silence.

I need to make this work. I can't help it when she's hurt.

"Haechan-ah, I have something to tell you. And this is related to her." still no response.

"I actually like her. I have feelings for her that I've been keeping to myself for almost 2 years now." I smile looking down on the ground. From the corner of my eyes I saw his priceless reaction.

"Wha... What?" I turn my body facing him still have the smile on my face.

"It's true. Not only me actually. Chenle, Yangyang, Renjun and Jaemin too. But only Chenle have the balls to ask her out. However, after the incident happened, where Chenle mentioned she killed someone named Jisung, all four of them hates her and lost their trust on her. They said that one day she might kill all of us as well. But I stay. Not because I like her. I stay because I believe she has her own reasons why she did that. She's a fast thinker and well organised. It's impossible for someone like that to act without any rational reason. Now I feel like Jisung is still alive." I look at him and I can tell he doesn't understand what I'm talking about at all.

"Ahh... My apologies. You don't even know what happened two years ago. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ" there's an awkward pause between us.

You're stupid Jeno. You shouldn't be talking about this! Quick! think!

His chuckles cut off my panic state of my mind.

"It's funny how different we are and she loves a man that can't protect her at all. She should have love one of you instead of me. We are so different."

"Don't say that Haechan. You can learn how to protect her and even yourself. All of us learnt how. We didn't born into this world with all those knowledge. Do me a favor. Practice with me in return, you need to make sure she's her again. You bring out the real her and brightens her day the most Haechan. And I'm happy to see the old her again. Knowing that you are the only person who can save her from herself, I decided to move on from her even though it's hard. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ...That's why she gave you that nickname, Haechan."

"How.. How did you know that? I never have the opportunity to ask her."

"She talks about you a lot. I thought Donghyuck and Haechan are different person. It turns out it's just you alone. You mean a lot to her." I give him a pat on his shoulder before getting up, stretching myself and starts to walk back to their home.

"Jeno-ssi," I  turn around to see him already stands up from the swing.

"I have a favor." I smile and walk closer to him.

"What is it?" what he says next is something I never imagine I could do.

"You train me but you have to confess to her one day."

"Yah! You crazy?? Why would-"

"Believe me, by confessing to her, it will be easier for you to move on."

"But... Why this way?"

"Because I don't want her to lost another best friend after all of them left. I think after today that you told me your feelings towards her, you might unconsciously avoid her. I want you to tell her on your own. I won't break it to her. You're my best friend too Jeno." I bit my lower lip thinking if I should agree with him. But what he said is all true. The possibility for me to unconsciously avoid her is high. I don't want us to be strangers.

He held out a hand to me which I gladly accept it.

"Deal."

"Now let's go. I want to protect my angel at all cost!"

'I never imagine myself to be with you'