Chapter 3 - A Series of Unfortunate Events

When I got up, I felt even stranger. I had no idea what was wrong with me, but Alicia, my wolf, was restless and not in a good way. She was excited to meet her mate but was extremely worried at the same time. I got ready for school and ate breakfast. I said goodbye to Belle and Ems, then set off to school. I felt compelled to keep my guard up.

I saw Jessie standing near the entrance with Austin. She looked happy? I suppose she solved her conflicts with him. As I neared the door, Jessie noticed me and she smirked. Excusing herself, she ran toward me.

"Happy Birthday Lex!!!!" She opened her arms for a hug.

I gratefully accepted it. "Thanks a lot- although my wolf is restless," I mumbled into her shoulder.

"In what way?" she inquired.

"She's excited and worried at the same time. Although there's more worry involved. Last night she was frighteningly quiet."

"Hmmm... I think- we'll talk about that later." (Jessie subtly motioned to the group of girls to the right.) I a brighter tone of voice, she continued, "Lex, everything is fine, minus the sharing a room thing. Austin isn't a bad guy. Nor is he a player. It's just that the girls are always chasing him."

"That sounds great! Yesterday the stonks triumvirate called it some iNtErEsTiNg drama."

Jessie laughed.

"Well, let's go in."

The day passes by uneventfully, meaning I had not found my mate yet. We got a mind-link from Alpha Robert saying there was a pack meeting after school, 4 pm. Oh no, I had forgotten to keep my wall up. I heard Alicia groan in my mind. After I went home, ate a snack, showered, and finished my homework, I set off to the pack house's meeting hall with my family.

We sat near the back since the pack despised us all. Jordan was up front with his mom and dad. Just the mere sight of him in the distance was making my wolf go bananas. Alicia was yelling "Mate! Mate!" and was giving me a terrible headache. After a few minutes she started pacing in my head. If she was actually stepping on my brain, all my neurons would be squished! After the meeting, the alpha did his usual thing of "requesting" (more like rudely commanding) us to stay after the meeting. Alicia was very nervous. She was worried about what he would think about us? Will he reject us? I told her to think positively, although I knew in my core that this was going to go down the hill.

At this point we were standing with the Alpha Robert, Luna Lucia, and Jordan. Jordan stared coldly at me and said, "My dad would have banished you or made you omegas a long time ago had it not been for the werewolf council's law or my mother who wouldn't let us-"

"Wow, so you really do hate me that much." Luna Lucia said, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

Alpha Robert gasped. "Jordan, if you speak like that about your mother, you will not be respected as an alpha." he said sternly.

Internally I smirked. Alicia was howling with laughter, but her laughter was cut short when Jordan began speaking again.

"Bipolar much dad. I can't be mates with such low and filthy blood. Maybe you are weak, that is why you never go to training!" Jordan spat.

When I'm not, I said to Alicia. Alicia replied with her signature when I kick his ass he'll regret it.

"Therefore I will reject you. I thought you were lying but my dad always thought I'd never lie. You are too weak to be a Luna! A Luna that never went to training is a disgrace to a pack. I, Jordan Zhang, to-be alpha of Silver Clouds Pack, reject you, Alexine Chen, as my mate and future Luna."