» dancing in the rain / dream x reader

[ dream x fem!reader ]

you're dream's girlfriend. you were sitting on his bed, watching him mess around on the dream smp with his friends georgenotfound, sapnap, karl and quackity. they're all just running around and occasionally playing songs to sing along too.

eventually, it starts to rain. you notice this through the window, but you find the rain quite calming so you avert your attention back to his monitors.

the rain gradually gets stronger and harder, which messed with the internet. the rain was so hard that the call between the boys was glitching, and dream got disconnected from the server.

he decided to leave the vc since the power was starting to go out as the lights in the room were flickering every few minutes.

you both turn to the window, watching the rain.

it dies down a bit, but by then you and dream were surrounded in pure darkness.

he goes and sits next to you on the bed, you turn to face him but he's already looking at you. both of you turn to the window, then back to face each other.

though you can't see much in the dark room, both of you can sense the grins on each other's faces, seeming to have the same idea.

then, he speaks up, asking the question lingering in the air, waiting to come out of somebody's lips.

"wanna dance in the rain?" he says chuckling. you don't even respond and grab his hand without hesitation, practically dragging him out the door.

you both get out on the streets, acting like literal children. running and chasing each other around, until you both get tired.

he looks at you with a slight smirk on his face. he holds out his hand and you interwine your fingers together, not knowing where this is going.

"no, you dummy." he says, booping your nose with his free hand.

he then places his hands on your waist, and you seem to understand.

"ohhh." you say, wrapping your arms around his neck. he laughs at the height difference.

"shut up, you're a literal beanstalk." you say, laughing a little.

he shakes his head, then pulls his phone out and goes to spotify. he plays a playlist with slowed songs, as you both sway to the music, enjoying each others presence.

you both slow dance in comfortable silence except for the music playing in the background. when the song ends, you hug him.

his arms go up to your lower back and he returns the hug. you both stay like that for a while, until he presses a kiss on your head.

you didn't want to let go. you wanted this moment to last forever, holding him in your arms.

when you both let go, you guys look up at the sky, seeing a rainbow. you turn to each other, huge smiles on your faces.

"i love you." he says, breaking the silence.

"i love you too." you say, as you both lean in for a kiss.

———
497 words :D

enjoy this lil fluff one shot!! this makes me even more touch starved 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩 -angel