Chapter 10

"heart throbbing costumed group date rock paper scissors tournament...?"

Misaki was so flabbergasted silence filled the room for a second.

"Didn't you know from the beginning this would be rejected!!?"

I had yet to enter the council room but I was already hearing nonsense this early in the morning. I retracted the hand that was about to push the door open.

"WHY??"

They even had the nerve to ask why? how can a bunch of people be this clueless? I swear they share a singular brain cell.

"how do you think this idea is half decent? are you guys even listening to what the girls have to say?"

Misaki didn't even wait for a response and directly questioned the girls of class 2-2

"what do the girls want to do?"

"Well, uh, a c-cafe maybe?"

"Okay, class 2-2 is doing a cafe."

"WHAT!?"

she immediately got to scribbling.

"t-that's so unreasonable!"

"Unfair!"

"you tyrant!" refusals rose instantly.

"I already gave you so many chances to come up with a reasonable idea!"

"Damn it! at times like this..."

they're so persistent...

"USUI-SAN...!"

"huh?" I could see the nonchalance on his face just from his voice.

"help us!"

"I... don't really care. group date or whatever, I don't want to do any of it."

dejected by his blatant refusal to aid them, the boy left the room with their heads held low.

"We have to rethink our battle strategy again."

"yes, we have to try harder!"

they were still not giving up even after that as they continued discussing outside.

"I thought a costume ball was a fantastic idea... sigh-"

"then why didn't you suggest that?"

it was a surprisingly good idea.

"AAGH!!" startled some of them screeched. I was standing here the whole time... and they had just noticed.

"w-what did you say?"

"Why didn't you suggest the costume ball to Misaki just now instead of whatever that was?"

"huh? The guys agreed on that one first and I didn't get the chance to say it afterward. She wouldn't have liked it anyways..."

no, why would you suggest the group date whatever before that...

"Actually, if you had talked to the girls in your class first they would have even backed you up on it. it sounds like it would be fun."

"Really??" the boy was surprised and even a little happy. but one of them interjected.

"What's the point now they already decided on cafe."

"that doesn't mean your idea is useless, both are good you could do even better together. just talk it out, the girls won't bite."

"yes! We shouldn't give up!"