Chapter 5: The 104th Training Corps Pt.2

(Y/N) walked over to Pieck immediately. She was having slight trouble and almost fell back. (Y/N) reached and grabbed her hand, she then looked up and saw him.

"(Y/N)," She said casually.

"Pieck, why are you here," The cables lowered her and she stood on her own. She looked up at you slightly then over to Reiner, Bertholdt and Annie.

"Someone made me come here," She said using vague words to get her point across. (Y/N) and Pieck started walking over to the other warriors weaving through the other Cadets. They made it over to the three others and stood next to them. Pieck took her arm and locked it with (Y/N)'s left arm.

"Where's Marcel, probably breaking the rules here already right?"

"Well you see..." (Y/N) started but stopped and looked at the other three.

"He died," She said, putting their looks and (Y/N)'s words together. Bertholdt nodded and the other's looked down. (Y/N) still felt guilt from that day. Not a day goes by where (Y/N) thinks how he could've saved Marcel.

"We have to find the thing that was stolen and the thing we came for," (Y/N) said as another bell rang, this one signaled lunch.

They started walking there and Pieck still had her arm interlocked with (Y/N)'s. Reiner watched this and laughed and Annie elbowed him in the side. Reiner, Annie and Bertholdt walked ahead and left the two alone.

"I almost didn't recognize you," Pieck said.

"I did right away,"

"Did you miss me?" She got closer and looked up at him. (Y/N) got a little flustered and looked away.

"Yeah. I had to deal with Reiner and Bertholdt's shenanigans,"

"Remember that night two years ago, when we watched the stars?"

"Of course,"

"What about what I told you, remember that?"

He thought for a bit but came to the conclusion that he had forgotten. It must've gotten mixed in with everything else in the past two years.

"No,"

"I'm hurt, but it's fine,"

They made it to the mess hall and they got the food that was served. They sat down at the table with Reiner and Bertholdt, Annie was nowhere to be seen. The entirety of lunch went by with no one at the table saying a word. The instructors gave all the cadets half an hour to digest their food, then they started training in hand to hand. (Y/N) was paired with Jean first.

"I won't beat you up too hard," He told (Y/N). (Y/N) chuckled and leaned into his stance.

"Show me then horseface," He said jokingly.

Jean moved forward with his own stance and walked towards (Y/N) slowly. (Y/N) lunged forward without warning and wrapped his left arm around Jean's neck. He took his right leg and planted it in front of Jean's. Jean's took his left elbow and jabbed it into (Y/N)'s left side. Jean also took his right arm and squeezed it under (Y/N) hand to peel it off of his neck. Jean took both his hand and held (Y/N)'s arm trying to pull him down. (Y/N) then took his right foot which was in front of Jean's and hooked it around Jean's foot. He pulled hard and Jean fell down and pulled (Y/N) with him. (Y/N) quickly put his knee on Jean's chest and put his left arm on his neck. Jean's face went red and he tapped the ground three times. (Y/N) lightened up the pressure and stood up putting a hand out for Jean. He took it and stood up.