Epilogue

After Lisa flew out of Australia back to Barcelona, Jennie continued her life just as is but much livelier compared to who she was two years ago. None of the involved women told anyone about their conversation but seeing how their moods drastically improve after that day, Jisoo and Chaeyoung knew it went well.

Chaeyoung flew back to Barcelona after a week to finish what she needed to finish, she knows her time is up and she'll be moving back to Melbourne again. After all, she only stayed in the city to look after Lisa, to make sure her bestfriend will not do anything to ruin herself again and she's no longer seeing a glimpse of that. Why? Well, she came home in their shared flat after she landed and saw a full home cooked meal on the table.

She had to pinch herself to make sure she was not dreaming because Lisa had never touched a kitchen knife nor used anything in the kitchen ever since the break up, Lisa once told her it reminded her of the life she wasted, life that she had taken for granted. But seeing her smiling while cutting the remaining pieces of the poached spinach without trembling, Lisa is getting there.

She thought the surprises were done and over but hearing Lisa talked about what she did for the past days when Chaeyoung was still in Melbourne with the same spark that Chaeyoung had missed so much made her instantly choked and teared up. Lisa scurried her way to her side, very concerned and worried, muttering something in the line of she should've not cooked anything and just stick to take outs.

"Was the food bad? Oh my God. I'm sorry. Let's just order something." Lisa said but before she could move away to clean up the table, Chaeyoung threw her body towards her, arms wrapped tightly around Lisa's shoulder whilst sobbing against her neck.

"I miss you. I miss you so much."  Were all the words Chaeyoung could muster, her voice almost came out as a whisper, her vulnerability was out for Lisa to feel and see. Her tears went pooling as soon as Lisa wrapped her arms around her waist.

Saying, whispering — as if Lisa did it purposely so she's the only one could hear it. "I'm sorry for making you wait. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere again. Thank you for staying."

Jisoo on the other hand, despite being so busy with her job, still finds the time to meet up with Jennie during their free time. Could be breakfast, often coffee breaks and sometimes dinner. Everything is now just a reflex to her, to look after her bestfriend like she had been doing for the past two years. Making sure that Jennie is not keeping anything to herself, eating and is resting well. 

She couldn't help it but seeing Jennie smile without any hint of sadness and emptiness in her eyes made her realize that it's about time... It's about time for her to stop worrying because the Jennie she knew prior to the long, dreadful two years is now back. She knew she should not check up on her like she used to because someone is doing it now — again.

"What?" Jennie asked one night during their dinner. She probably noticed Jisoo's longer stares.

"I miss this version of you." Jisoo replied, and received a confused frown from the latter.

"Huh?"

She shook her head with a smile. "Nothing. I'm just glad to see you this happy."

"Ah." Jisoo assumed that Jennie had already caught on basing on the gummy smile that immediately erased the frown across her face.

"It's nothing bad, is it?"

"None at all. I miss seeing that smile. It's been awhile, Jendeukie."