chapter one

before you read : this is a college au
there will also be some sexual content (not explicit smut) as the story goes on!
...

The fresh summer breeze felt nice against your warm skin; the action of lifting and carrying around boxes full of junk was beginning to wear you down. It was a good thing you weren't doing it alone though, your closest friend, Megumi Fushiguro was assisting you. Truthfully, he wasn't helping you all that much, and was instead taking most of his own things up to the apartment the two of you would be sharing.

Today was moving day—an exciting and exhilarating day, frightening, but exciting nonetheless. It was a step in a new direction, one that was leading into the great unknown and the uncertainties that were at the cusp of adulthood. You were glad that your closest friend was joining you, though, and that the two of you were lucky enough to be able to share this giant leap together.

As you brought the last of the boxes into the apartment, you took a good look at the layout of your new home. It was by no means a penthouse suite, in fact, it was quite the charitable home. It had two bedrooms that were directly across from each other, and a single bathroom at the end of the short hall. The kitchen was quaint and the living room was limited—this small space was all you and Megumi really needed.

As you trudged through the apartment and made your way to the bedroom you had already claimed, you let out a sharp gasp as Megumi popped out and met you at your door frame, a small smile forming on his lips.  "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." He said softly, yet he didn't make an effort to move out of the way.

You let out a small scoff. "Yeah, sure you didn't... Can you just help me with this? It's heavy." Megumi nodded and grabbed the box from your arms, you didn't miss how his hands touched your skin as he did so.

"Where do you want it?" He asked as he made his way into your room. It was a small space, but it was big enough to fit a queen sized bed and a small desk, probably some plants and other sorts of things as well.

You gestured over to the closet, that thankfully had a shelf built inside it. "Up there, please."

Megumi nodded and with a small grunt, he hoisted the box and set it gently on the shelf. Instinctively, your eyes lowered to his abdomen, which was in full view due to his shirt lifting up because of his raised arms; your eyes lingered too long on the shape of his toned abs.

When he finally put his arms back down, you noticed how he readjusted his black sweatshirt, and you mentally facepalmed at the fact that you were so openly checking out your best friend. He didn't say anything about it though, he never did.

•••

The rest of the day was occupied by the two of you setting up your rooms separately. Megumi's room was similar to yours—a queen sized bed and a desk for school work, which was very unique of the two of you. In your defence, you just hadn't gotten around to stylizing it the way you wanted, but for Megumi, he had always been kind of bland with his feng shui.

Hours had passed and the kitchen and living area still weren't one hundred percent unpacked, but that didn't stop you guys from ordering pizza and setting up the Netflix account. Instead of preparing for school, or tidying around the house, you decided to watch a horror movie to kill the time; it wasn't even to you or Megumi's account either, the two of you had been leeching off of your older and more 'sophisticated' friends account.

"Satoru is gonna be so mad at us..." Megumi said from his spot beside you. His pizza was resting on a paper plate in his lap, he held the remote for the T.V in his hand and searched through the scary movie category on Netflix.