Prologue

"Betrayal is the only truth that sticks."
- Arthur Miller

        Alison DiLaurentis giggled as Aria Montgomery, one of her best friends, drank some drink from a pink cup that was going from hand to hand in the barn filled with laughs and whispers from six girls.

       "Careful Aria, drink too much and you'll tell us all your secrets." Spencer Hastings  smirked. Aria rolled her eyes and gave Hanna Marin the cup.

        Alison got up and sat next to Mona Vanderwaal. Mona had been a "loser" for a long time. Until Ali decided to give her a chance.

       "Who are you thinking about?" Ali smirked as Mona jumped. Mona was one of the funniest in their group - she would always be pranking people, laughing or making them laugh. Oh, and let's not talk about that time when she got drunk.

        But today, Mona seemed so distant. She was drowning in her own thoughts. Alison was such a bitch, but when it came to help the girls, she would go out of her way to protect them.

         "Uh, no one. I am just tired." Mona smiled. Ali knew something was bothering her but just smiled back and walked away, sitting next to Emily Fields this time.

         What she didn't know is that Mona was being tortured by her Loser memories. And when Mona looked at Spencer she knew she wasn't the only one having bad thoughts.

2 hours later

       Spencer opened her eyes and looked around. She stifled a scream when she found Mona's eyes fixed on her. Mona chuckled and rolled her eyes. Spencer's vision got blurry and she rubbed her eyes.

       "Seems like I wasn't the only one who drank too much." Mona smirked and sat next to Spencer, being careful not to wake the other four girls up.

       "I bet Ali would choke me with it if I didn't anyway." she giggled and sighed.

       "I don't doubt it." Mona said.

       "Doesn't it pisses you off how she is...always controlling everything and everyone?" Spencer asked.

        "Sometimes it seems like-" Mona was cut off by the blonde in front of them. Crap, they woke her up.

        "Like we are her dolls?" Hanna wrapped herself in the pink blanket.

        "Exactly." Mona bit her lower lip.

        "Someone needs to get some sense into her head." Spencer started playing with the sleeves of her sweater.

         Hanna and Mona tried not to laugh. Spencer smiled wickedly and their heads started spinning. They surely drank too much. And Ali would really choke them with vodka if they didn't.

         "Maybe we should kill her" Spencer stood up and almost fell to the ground.

         "Woah Spence, I didn't know you are that drunk." Aria murmured and Spencer jumped. They had woken her and Emily too. Hanna chuckled.

         "I am not talking about murder. We should just scare her a little bit." Spencer smirked and Mona's mouth formed an "O".              

         "Bad girl! Momma's proud!" She laughed and they started planning Ali's "death".

                             ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

         "Ali" Spencer whispered as Aria, Mona, Emily and Hanna pretended they were asleep. The blonde girl opened her blue eyes and sighed. "I need to talk to you. Outside."

        Alison rose an eyebrow.

       "Why outside?"

       "I don't want them to hear us. It is...personal." Spencer lied. "Please."

       "Okay okay." Ali got up and went outside, following Spencer. They walked into the woods.

        "What's it?" Alison crossed her arms, clearly tired.

        "I have been taking pills." Spencer said. "I have been taking pills to stay awake so I can study."

        Ali stepped back and covered her mouth with her hand. Oh my God. This wasn't happening. Oh no. What did you do Ali? Oh my God.

      While she drowned in her thoughts, Alison didn't hear four girls walking behind her. She didn't hear Mona handing Spencer a shovel.

      But she felt it.

       She felt when something hit her head from behind and she felt the warm blood in her hair as she fell and her face was on the cold earth. And this time, she heard her friends' heavy breathing and heard them running, scared to death.