Chapter 01 - Murderers

"Killing is not so easy as the innocent believe."
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
                         Mona

    I open my eyes slowly and look to my side. Hanna, Aria and Emily are sleeping. But Spencer's eyes are wide open.

    I have a headache and all I can remember from last night is that we were all drinking. I handed Spencer a shovel. Ali's bloody body.

    Her hand is covering her mouth and she looks like she is about to go insane. She isn't looking at me, but at the television behind me.

     The news are on. A blonde woman is talking and then suddenly, a picture of Ali is on the screen. Girl is found dead in the woods, it says. Oh my God.

      I shake the other girls until they wake up.

      "Alison DiLaurentis, 18, was found dead in the woods this daybreak. The student was covered in blood when found. The police suspects of murder."

      I gasp.

      "Oh my." Aria says. Her eyes are tearfully. "What did we do..."

      "We are murderers Ar, murderers. We killed Ali. We killed our best friend." Spencer stares at Aria. Aria goes pale and starts crying.

      "Spence-" I say but Hanna cuts me off.

      "We freaking murdered our best friend. Oh my God." she says. Spencer breaks into tears and I do the same. Emily is uncontrollaby sobbing on Hanna's shoulder. I hug Spencer and Aria.

        "Last night never happened." I sob. Spencer gets off the hug and stares at me.

       "It DID happen Mona! It is easy for you to say that because you weren't the one who hit her with a shovel or whatever!" Spencer shouts. "I am a murderer! I killed my freaking best friend!"

       And then it hits me. Ali is dead. And we killed her.

       We murdered Ali.