1. Wounded

This was a challenge. The hardest yet. What made him so powerful?

Shadow, sonic, tails, knuckles, and silver were standing in a fighting stance, facing Eggman.

He, could destroy the world with this power.

They all were fighting in one of many eggman's secret bases, in the control room.

Yes, of course he was in the usual big mech, but powering it was something sonic and Friends had not herd about.

"I call it Black Mist. It's power is unmatched, possibly even more powerful than the chaos emeralds themselves! But speaking of those emeralds," Eggman held up the green chaos emerald.

 Except, it was a darker color. Sparks flying off of it.

Sonic gasped. "You were the one who stole the emerald!"

"Of course I did! I didn't want to waste the extra energy.."

"Extra energy?" Tails questioned.

Suddenly, Shadow jumped up from behind, and swiped the emerald from him. Eggman gasped, then grumbled. Tails, knuckles, and sliver were Surprised. Sonic smirked. "Nice Shadow!"

Eggman yelled with anger, and pressed a button. "Fire!!"

Lasers And missiles started shooting out of eggman's mech, aiming for everyone individually. Sonic playfully jumped around a missile. Tails and knuckles dodged lasers, and Shadow outran his laser, still holding the extra charged emerald.

He glanced around the room, and saw it.

Silver.

In seconds, time seemed to slow down for his thoughts.

'It's dead on his heart. And he doesn't have enough time to dodge. That beam would kill him instantly.'

He then thought about the emerald.

'......'

'No one is dying on my watch!'

"Silver!!"

Sonic shouted to silver, but it seemed he was too late. Silver closed his eyes, his life flashing before him.

Shadow jumped in front of silver.

"AGHH!!"

silver opened his eyes.

The emerald had reacted with the laser, and Shadow was pulsating white from the reaction.

 The laser... had hit him.

He screamed in agony.

A bright light filled the room, blinding sonic and his friends, as well as Eggman.

.........

It was midnight. She was just out to look at the stars. But a rescue mission was what she would be doing instead.

Pinkie Pie reached the open, green fields around Ponyville when she herd something.

It... Sounded like pain.

She gasped, and saw a small figure in the distance. Her face turned into one of determination, and she ran towards it. Pinkie pie soon found Shadow, struggling to stand, holding his chest. A pool of blood was starting to collect on the ground.

Pinkie's eyes widened. She didn't know what this species was, but he was injured badly.

She ran up to the hedgehog. He began to fall again when Pinkie caught him in her hooves.